Luna's obsession with a used bandaid

lunalover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I've been having some trouble with Luna pulling the bathroom bin out of the bathroom, then tipping the contents everywhere and hiding what she finds.

Last night she found a used bandaid of mine, and as she picked it up in her mouth I caught her and put it in the bin. She cried out at me for taking it off her, and then tried to get at the bin to get it back out, so I picked her up to lock her out of the bathroom and she started making this squeaking sound I'd never heard before, it was like it was a child chucking a tantrum.

Then she started scratching at the bathroom door (with me outside of the bathroom), crying and howling and pacing in front of it.

What is going on?

She's done the bin thing quite a lot the past few days. And this morning I got up to go to the bathroom and went back to sleep, forgetting to shut the door, and woke up to the bathroom bin contents scattered everywhere and her trying to hide things from me...as soon as she saw I was cleaning up everything she kept trying to go for what I was about to pick up and hide it elsewhere!

And when she saw I was moving the bandaid to the outside bin, she attacked me and chased me to the front door and then cried some more.

I know I ask a lot of things about Luna...

But I just can't figure this one out at all!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunalover

So I've been having some trouble with Luna pulling the bathroom bin out of the bathroom, then tipping the contents everywhere and hiding what she finds.
Sounds like Luna's new hunting ground is the bathroom trash bin.
Cats have been known to stash away their trophies.
I think there are 2 ways that she will stop. One, she will find another interesting hunting place and two, she'll accept the fact that you want that band aid (and the rest of what's in the bin) more than she does.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I have blood taken, Bijou will take the cotton ball with tape on it that they put over the needle spot when I toss it in the garbage. That's the only thing he ever takes out of the garbage in the bathroom. I put it back in the garbage and he goes and takes it out again and will keep doing it until I put it in the kitchen garbage that he can't get at. I have wondered why that is the only thing he ever takes out of the garbage - is it the tape or my blood?