Crying out before being sick?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whenever Jack is going to be sick i know it's coming because he cries out just before, then he starts to salivate like we do when were ready to be sick.

Anyone know why?. He's cried out since he was a kitten, so it's nothing that's new.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's always fine if it happens, and goes straight for a drink of water.

Theres a lot of unchewed kibbles there as well sometimes

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie has always done that when he's going to throw up inside - it's his way of telling me there's going to be something to clean up. According to DH, he doesn't give any when I'm not home.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats cries out before he vomits also. He has done this since he was a baby.

kody's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kody does the same thing. And it is really a strange sound!! It is like the devil is coming out or something

Let us know what your vet says. Kody did it just this morning, but it was only clear with alittle foam.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kody's Mom

Let us know what your vet says. Kody did it just this morning, but it was only clear with alittle foam.
I will. It should be the end of June when he goes, but i'll definitely post here so you all know what it means

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moose and Rocky both let out a blood-curdling yell, which, if they're on the bed, allows me to get them onto the floor. Lucy gives no warning whatsoever.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kody's Mom

Kody does the same thing. And it is really a strange sound!! It is like the devil is coming out or something

Zane does this, too. He's always OK afterwards, and the vet can find nothing wrong.

happilyretired

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boy also cries out before he vomits. It's a different cry than he makes when he's playing. He also scoots off the bed if he happens to be there and goes someplace "else" to vomit. Often he tries to use his litter pan, but he doesn't always get there.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HappilyRetired

Often he tries to use his litter pan, but he doesn't always get there.
He sounds just like Jamie! I really appreciate it when he throws up in the litter box.

kody's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are both lucky. Sugar gave me no warning at all and just laid wherever he was.

Kody is a bengal and he makes lots of very strange sounds all the time, but since we got him last May he has thrown up, maybe, 3 times. But he has made this blood-curdling sound each time. Like I said, it is like the exorcist or something. But he just hunches right where he is. If I wouldn't jump up and grab him he would get the carpet or bed each time.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

Moose and Rocky both let out a blood-curdling yell, which, if they're on the bed, allows me to get them onto the floor.
That's happend 3 times with Jack

Originally Posted by HappilyRetired

Often he tries to use his litter pan, but he doesn't always get there.
Yours and Tricias boys are clever!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lazlo does that very weird cry before he vomits too. We FREAKED the first time it happened - and we were new to cats then to begin with, because he's done it since he was a kitten, and he was our first rescue!

When he throws up clear liquid, we know (now) he has hairballs. What happens is if they get a bunch in their tummies they haven't passed, they eat, the kibble expands - but doesn't have enough room, so they throw up barely digested kibble, or if he didn't eat so much, just some foam. We get out the hairball meds. When his tummy is that full of hairballs, it usually takes a little over a week to get them all out.
Now we don't wait until they have hairballs - they're all old enough now that we just give them stuff preventatively every few days. It seems to have cut down on the problem.

Laurie

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
3 of mine cry out before they vomit. And of course my Captain Bulimia (Stumpy) never cries out before hand, so Scarlett has to tell me by scratching on the mess he leaves. I actually prefer the warning, cause I know that I've got a mess to clean (before the dogs get to it). And yes, my dogs recognize the about-to-vomit cry and run in that direction.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Chip does the 'i'm gonna be sick' meow, too. can't remember if any of the rest do, tho...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dex and Sadie make that cry too....
it is a sound like no other.

I think that they feel major discomfort, possibly even pain before they begin to barf....
poor babies.

We love you Jack.