So how does one go about reporting someone for animal abuse?

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's not happened yet but there is a risk that some poor kitty could be in for a hard time for soiling someone's garden.

I realise that I probably can't do much about it as the crime hasn't happened yet but seeing as this idiot has chosen to blog about his hatred for cats and is listing options of what to do to them by way of preventative measures, perhaps there is something I can do?

This isn't a random stranger either, I know of him through a friend who used to be pally with him until this guy was convicted of drink driving and running over a teenager as a result (he showed no remorse).

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it were me I would go and catnap the kitty and either keep it inside or find it another home way across town where it would be an indoor only kitty.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pui Hang

It's not happened yet but there is a risk that some poor kitty could be in for a hard time for soiling someone's garden.

I realise that I probably can't do much about it as the crime hasn't happened yet but seeing as this idiot has chosen to blog about his hatred for cats and is listing options of what to do to them by way of preventative measures, perhaps there is something I can do?

This isn't a random stranger either, I know of him through a friend who used to be pally with him until this guy was convicted of drink driving and running over a teenager as a result (he showed no remorse).
In the UK folks mostly let their cats be indoor/outdoor so short of the owner keeping the cat in there isn't much you can do, especially if it isn't your cat. Just say some prayers that if the guy decides to do something to the cat it will be quick and painless because until he actually does something and it can be proven there is probably nothing that can be done and by the time that happens it will be far too late for the kitty.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

If it was me i'd be telling all the neighbours in his area, along with showing them the link to his blog. I would also mention that to the RSPCA as well
Excellent idea Susan! I never even thought of that but that's a great idea.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Excellent idea Susan! I never even thought of that but that's a great idea.
It was through that idiot who abused his own family cat, Dusty that made me think of it, because he was thick enough to post on the internet, and look whats happend to them