I am disgusted by this.......

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But he DOES say he came by it more or less accidentally, and that it's very old.

Attitudes change. Real bear-skin rugs were not all that uncommon, at one time, and I remember many women wearing real fur coats on an everyday basis 50 years ago.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

But he DOES say he came by it more or less accidentally, and that it's very old.
Even then I still think he shouldn't sell it - he could donate it to the zoo (not sure if they would accept?) for educational purposes.

Or just dispose of it thoughtfully but OH NO he thought he thought he could make some money.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Even then I still think he shouldn't sell it - he could donate it to the zoo (not sure if they would accept?) for educational purposes.

Or just dispose of it thoughtfully but OH NO he thought he thought he could make some money.
The part about him trying to make money really bothers me. I don't like seeing skins and trophies of animal kills it makes me sick.

Years ago my Grandmother left me a Beaver fur coat in her will. Of all people in my family she had to leave me, the animal lover that coat. She left instructions on putting it in cold storage and conditioning it yearly. Honestly I didn't know what to do with that coat, so it hung hidden in the corner of my closet. I finally packed it up and sent it to my sister.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

The part about him trying to make money really bothers me. I don't like seeing skins and trophies of animal kills it makes me sick.

Years ago my Grandmother left me a Beaver fur coat in her will. Of all people in my family she had to leave me, the animal lover that coat. She left instructions on putting it in cold storage and conditioning it yearly. Honestly I didn't know what to do with that coat, so it hung hidden in the corner of my closet. I finally packed it up and sent it to my sister.
My great grandma used to have fox coats complete with "realistic" eyes. They were left to my Mum (her ex de facto grand daughter) and we took them home. We couldn't sleep a wink for 2 nights so we had to dispose of them.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think having anything like this has a bad, negative energy to it.. and capitalizing off of it is even more negative.

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

My great grandma used to have fox coats complete with "realistic" eyes. They were left to my Mum (her ex de facto grand daughter) and we took them home. We couldn't sleep a wink for 2 nights so we had to dispose of them.
I get such a kick out of that! I wouldn't have been able to either!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Here is his exact words.....
"This is a very old skin from a real Leopard. I have had it for years . I liquidated a store many years ago and it was in the inventory. I hat to let it go."
I don't think this was anything other then what he describes. If you just take a second and think about what this is, it's not a fur coat, purse, upholstery, it's a leopard pelt. He hates to let it go, it was his store!!!!!!! but for $1,800.00 it's easier for him.......

PLEASE!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, that's horrible! It was in the inventory?? Wonder what else he had in his inventory?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

I agree, that's horrible! It was in the inventory?? Wonder what else he had in his inventory?
!!!!!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That's is sick and horrible, but its NOT a Leopard - its a Cheetah pelt - the spots are far too small and they look like the little round spots of a Cheetah!
i agree - much more Cheetah-ish in appearance.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That's is sick and horrible, but its NOT a Leopard - its a Cheetah pelt - the spots are far too small and they look like the little round spots of a Cheetah!

This is a leopard's spots (sorta like a Bengal)

http://www.awf.org/content/wildlife/detail/leopard

This is a cheetah:

http://www.wildlife-pictures-online....rctb-8718.html
You are right, so not only is this a**hole selling an endangered wild cat pelt, but is falsely advertising it! I already flagged the listing several times, hasn't made a difference yet........