Strange behaviour

788accidents

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cat has been behaving awkwardly for the past couple of days, all she's been doing is sleeping/resting. However, she is using her litterbox fine and eating and drinking perfectly like usual.

Whenever I try to play with my cat, she would start meowing and sometimes even hissing, she never hisses at me so that's why I am kind of worried.

She's about 3 years old and we've never had any problems with her.

I've also noticed that her tail is spinning a lot when she runs, it's kind of wierd because she never did that.

And she hasn't meowed to go outside lately, usually she would sit by the door and start meowing until I let her out, now she's always upstairs except to eat and use her litterbox.

Do you think I should see a vet about this?

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would definitley see the vet if the behavior is strange and out of the norm.

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 788Accidents

Whenever I try to play with my cat, she would start meowing and sometimes even hissing, she never hisses at me so that's why I am kind of worried.
She might be physically hurt. Do you think she could have hurt herself outside or got into a fight with some other animal?

Yes, take her to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

788accidents

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Poppy0109

She might be physically hurt. Do you think she could have hurt herself outside or got into a fight with some other animal?

Yes, take her to the vet.
well, there's this cat in the neighbourhood, and he's beeng picking on my cat, they've been kind of fighting, do you think it could be stress?

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you've got a neighborhood bully, then she may have gotten into a fight. Sounds like she may have an abscess somewhere. That can cause pain and the lethargic/weird behavior. I'd take her to the vet ASAP and let them get her examined. Have you had a good look at her? Any spots on her, maybe around her tail or on her side? Or she may have something else going on, a little infection or something that could make her act out of character. Get her checked up and let us know how she's doing!