Ali's kits

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ali first started acting funny around 11pm Saturday evening... She was pacing and meowing...

2:51 am First baby which was the black kitten was born.

3:28 am Orange kitten was born

4:09 am Tabby kitten was born

then labor totally stopped, altho I knew she still had kittens in her....

Labor started again at 10:07pm, 18 HOURS after the last kitten was born...

10:30 pm White kitten was born

11:32 pm 2nd white kit was born... This kitten had some issues, was born breach, and had problems breathing.. I helped her out with it, and it is a healthy nursing kitten!

The 5 babers.

Ali and her babers

Ali cuddling with them

I thought when the last one was born that I felt another baby... Maybe I was wrong... Maybe it wasn't another baby... I have petted her quite a bit today and I don't feel anything.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Am I seeing things, or does one of those white ones have yellow shading?

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations
They are all beautiful!I am excited to hear Mommy and the kittens all made it through ok!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little white ones look "dirty" or creamy white to me, too. Sooooo... hmm...... colorpoints to come????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Am I seeing things, or does one of those white ones have yellow shading?
I think it does, yeah.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White babies, White babies!

Ok, sorry. I love white babies. But yeah, that one is probably a dilute red (I don't think you'd see the color this early with a color point.) And how cute are they? Congrats!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I just looked again at the kits really close. The one that looked like it had yellow on the back end, does NOT. It must have been a little dirty yet with blood and such, it is all white now. The other white is more "dirty cream" looking. My best friend's pointed kittens didn't actually show any points til a few weeks old. They looked like just white kits, so I'm thinking for sure they will end up with some pointing, as the father is a seal point, and DARK for that matter.

Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying these kits.... I can't wait til they are running around!

Oh, hubby and I also played a little guessing game sexing them... we think thus far we have 3 girls and 2 boys... the boys being the orange and one of the white's

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you. I'm impressed by your patience and it didn't seem like you freaked out about much. Amazing job you and Ali did. The kittens are all perfect and look big and healthy. Congratulations!!!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I guess that's what happens when you have been married 13 years and have 3 kids! I've had just been reading alot and talking to the vet, and she said 24 hours, so I was not stressing until I crossed that bridge. Thanks so much. I'm so impressed with Ali. Being she is young, I figured we would have more issues.... or her not really know what to do. She has been GREAT. I couldn't ask for more in a mommy. =o)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
How adorable. Love all the different colors.

I thought Goldy felt like she had another kitten in her, too, but it turned out that it was just the enlarged uterus. It started shrinking down pretty quickly.

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a photographer... It is still a little difficult, as there is no backgrounds... and the babies are moving quite a bit and I'm shooting with no flash. I can't wait til' they are a bit larger and I can get some great shots of them. Murphy's litter was SOOOOOOOo fun to take pictures of. I really got some great shots of them little guys... I should post some of my cat photography. I really have alot of fun with it. Thanks for the compliment!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some from yesterday

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No wonder! I was gonna say, they look just like ones you'd see in a magazine!

They're sooooo cute! I love the colours! I wonder what colour the daddy was...
Have you thought of names?