Anyone here who watches Mentalist

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it is a great show and Simon Baker is a great eye candy for the ladies. They had shown reruns lately but this week is a new episode.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here!
I watch it. I'm still deciding whether I watch it because of Simon Baker or because of the show itself. Either way, I watch it every week rerun or not lol

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We LOVE The Mentalist here. It is one show we all look forward to, and I can't watch it until my husband can watch it with me (we dvr).

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gotten into it because it follows NCIS, which I'm hooked on. I really like it! Simon Baker is a fine lookin' man!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My FH loves it....but I can't seem to get into it for some reason. I can't take that Robin Tunney seriously.

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started watching it because of Simon Baker but now I watch it because it's a good show (and because of Simon Baker).

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she the cop? If so, I was watching it Saturday night thinking I wasn't really fond of her as an actor. I don't think I've seen her in anything else, though. But I recognize her name.

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Is she the cop? If so, I was watching it Saturday night thinking I wasn't really fond of her as an actor. I don't think I've seen her in anything else, though. But I recognize her name.
Yes, she is the cop. I remember her from The Craft (a teen movie from the 90s, I think) but haven't really seen her in anything else. Her imdb.com profile shows that she's been busy, though.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We watch The Mentalist at our house, too. And I agree, Robin Tunney wouldn't be my first choice for the show. I do hope they get more into the 'Red John' vs Patrick Jane aspect; I love shows where the hero has a recurring nemesis lurking in the background.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My FH loves it....but I can't seem to get into it for some reason. I can't take that Robin Tunney seriously.
Robin Tunney is the reason I don't watch that show, she just rubs me the wrong way. Simon Baker tho is nice to look at

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His 'powers' are basically his ability to zero in on the details (like the lead guy on USA's 'Psych'). He also worked as a magician, so is good at making an audience believe what he wants them to believe. Of course, his greatest
'power' might be that mega-watt smile.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not so much 'powers' but his keen eye for the most minute details and ability to read people by body language and eye contact that the average person would miss. I agree, the guy on Psych is the same. I love both shows

lync

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also don't care for Robin Tunney. Something about her is off-putting. I just don't like her. The writing on that show isn't the greatest either. Like last night, when Jane and the young cop are in the car trying to escape and Jane is driving blind.... Robin Tunney shoots the bomber and kills him. She goes up to window and says something stupid like "Didn't I tell you no excitement?"
. But I keep watching because Simon Baker is so dreamy to look at. Love his eyes and curly blond hair.

abbeytx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really like the show. As mentioned, he is nice to look at but that thing he does with the smile is great.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch it, but I can't decide if I really like the show. I can't manage to care about the characters. I've only been watching it for a month or so....I'll give it a few more episodes. Although nothing good is on in that time slot anyway. I LOVE NCIS and Criminal Minds. Also Psyche and Monk. I can get into the shows and care about the characters. The Mentalist.....meh. The cops don't grab me. Especially Robin Tunney. And the guy cop looks like a comic book version of Superman, which always cracks me up.

But, my, Simon Baker is nice to look at, huh? I've seen him in other things and have never really noticed him, but I do like his hair this year. So moppish and blonde

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love that show! It's great. And Simon Baker is great candy isn't he?
I missed it this week though, gotta find it on the net to watch it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cannot stand that Robin Tunney. She rubs me the wrong way too and she is not pretty at all.

I am glad the show is renewed for another season. The finale had Patrick Jane killing the wrong guy by mistake.

Some have theorized that Patrick Jane is also Red John. Hmmmmm.