Pop Up Play Cubes

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've always thought my youngest, Harvey, would go nuts over the little pop up cubes, but I didn't want to spend $20-$30 on one and have him look at me like "And I'm supposed to be excited about this?" So I found a really cheap one at Wal Mart last night and he went crazy for it. He played for 2 solid hours in it. I finally had to put it up because I was trying to sleep and he was making too much noise,
. But as expected, it's already falling apart. Does anybody have a recommendation for a particular brand? I'd like one that's more sturdy b/c this one is always falling over on him. Also, he loves the crinkly bottom on it. I don't mind spending the money on it if he won't tear it up in a week. Anybody have one that proves crazy kitten sturdy?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ones I got were sold at Target several years ago and are leopard print & black, and they have held up through three kittens and two Bengals and are still going strong.

I think Target only sells blue and red ones now, but I'd try those.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had Target's leopard and black cubes for over two years now and they've held up remarkably well under daily abuse. I highly recommend them, but like GingersMom, have only seen the primal-colored cubes lately.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

I've had Target's leopard and black cubes for over two years now and they've held up remarkably well under daily abuse. I highly recommend them, but like GingersMom, have only seen the primal-colored cubes lately.
i'd've preferred the leopard - mine are blue. i got 4 - made a tunnel out of them.

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cat cubes and a dozen cats.. 1 cheapie from walmart thats not much thicker than bounty paper towels.. Its full of holes but the cats still play in it and it always collapses.. The one i got at target is more like nylon.. No holes and it never collapses.. My cats fight over whos sleeping in a cube tonight

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading this thread, I looked at Target's website, those tunnels are cool but I HATE the colors. They should have left them animal print.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had a Wal-Mart cube for years. We recently added a Crinkle Cave, and connected it to the cube with the tunnel they provided. Lola plays with it EVERY day.
Our cube is more of a parallelogram these days, but it's holding up. For a $3 cube, it's provided a lot of cat fun.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Danny has the Sportpet nylon collapsible cube. He loves it! I recently purchased the "Mystery Triangle" from the same company. He likes that one too, but not as much.

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please post links where to buy this stuff. I did check out Target and found some, where do you get the sportpet ones. Thank you much

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari likes the two I got from WalMart and joined together. When he gets running and playing it will get tipped and flipped. Sometimes he hides in one to ambush Topaz.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What exactly ARE these pop-up cubes? We don't have a store called Target here in Singapore either.. could someone show me a picture?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

What exactly ARE these pop-up cubes? We don't have a store called Target here in Singapore either.. could someone show me a picture?
here're some pix of my cats playing in theirs

kunskitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh! I have some of these for my kitten, he's absoutely addicted to them, they're like catnip in toy form. I really recommend them for anyone who has playful cats or kittens!