Sparta (TheMeanKitty) has been diagnosed with Leukemia.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love this cat (and his daddy!). For those of you that don't know Sparta, he is a YouTube celebrity and has his own channel. Here is the link for the Mean Kitty song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsbL6...e=channel_page

And a link to his own YouTube page where Cory (daddy) explains what is going on.
http://www.youtube.com/TheMeanKitty

He seems to be ok for now, but I don't know that much about the disease. There is a whole series on Mean Kitty and some are just too cute! He even has one there about TNR methods for ferals and strays. Just thought maybe we should send out for Sparta. MeanKitty video cheered me up so much so many times that I feel like he's one of my own.

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I noticed that the last time I watched the Mean Kitty video! It's so sad, but I also think the owner has taken a great attitude - he seems focused on just keeping Sparta as healthy and happy as possible. Sparta is a lucky little guy.

I'd be lucky if Cory was taking care of me....
hehe

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I love the mean kitty song...Poor Sparta!! He is such an awesome kitty...Many vibes for him!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by anjhest

I noticed that the last time I watched the Mean Kitty video! It's so sad, but I also think the owner has taken a great attitude - he seems focused on just keeping Sparta as healthy and happy as possible. Sparta is a lucky little guy.

I'd be lucky if Cory was taking care of me....
hehe
I agree, Cory and his wife seem like they are going above and beyond to make sure he still lives a long, healthy life. And, like I said, I'm not too sure about the disease and if they can survive for a long time. Good thing is, the other cat (Loki) was found negative and is on preventive medicine.

Yeah, I know what you mean about Cory
. If I wasn't already married.....

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmm I hope he gets a second oppinion.

FeLv as far as I know is more of an immune disorder. If he's limping because it's already causing bone marrow problems then he's really far into the disease. Most of the time it just makes the cats really sick [low immune system] and can cause sores in the mouth and what not... I think I've read somewhere it can lead to other cancers... so I hope he doesn't actually have bone cancer on top of FeLv. It's really a bummer over all, it always seems to be the most awesome animals that end up with some form of cancer or incurable disease.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started to cry when I read this. Sparta has a wonderful Mom and Dad and I know they will do everything for him.

Sending healing vibes to Sparta

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh gosh, what a shock!
many many vibes for Sparta to have a long life
Originally Posted by Plebayo

Hmmm I hope he gets a second oppinion.

FeLv as far as I know is more of an immune disorder. If he's limping because it's already causing bone marrow problems then he's really far into the disease. Most of the time it just makes the cats really sick [low immune system] and can cause sores in the mouth and what not... I think I've read somewhere it can lead to other cancers... so I hope he doesn't actually have bone cancer on top of FeLv. It's really a bummer over all, it always seems to be the most awesome animals that end up with some form of cancer or incurable disease.
you're right Plebayo, FeLV is not like human leukemia at all, it is a retro-virus, like HIV, or it's feline counterpart FIV. I haven't read anything about Sparta's problems, but if it is indeed affecting his bone marrow that is not a good sign

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww so sad! I hope we hear good news from the vet!

And thanks for getting me readdicted to the mean kitty! I had forgotten about him! And yea Cory definitely
worthy!