I poopy proofed the tub hehe

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well i was having this problem, sometimes Nipper would feel the urge to take a crap in the tub, well i decided enough is ehough and started filling the bottom of the tub with ice cold water at all times.

well the one day im sitting in the living room watching tv and hes going crazy licking his paws and at 1st i didnt think anything of it, then it dawned on me, i walked into the bathroom and all i see is all these little pawprints from the outside of the tub leading out of the bathroom

well...the plan worked! he must have got the schock of his life when he jumped in and realized he was in ice cold water!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmamiof4

Poor Kitty!! I bet he won't try to get back inthe tub again!!!
well that was the plan, and i didnt intent to make the water ice cold, its just that it was sitting there all day and since i usually keep the heat down in the bathroom by the time he got in it was ice cold.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

well i was having this problem, sometimes Nipper would feel the urge to take a crap in the tub, well i decided enough is ehough and started filling the bottom of the tub with ice cold water at all times.

well the one day im sitting in the living room watching tv and hes going crazy licking his paws and at 1st i didnt think anything of it, then it dawned on me, i walked into the bathroom and all i see is all these little pawprints from the outside of the tub leading out of the bathroom

well...the plan worked! he must have got the schock of his life when he jumped in and realized he was in ice cold water!

OMG!!! That is a GREAT idea!! I have one (or maybe 2) that insist on using the tub and it doesn't matter how many litter boxes we have or how clean they are. I never thought about just putting water in it every day....thanks!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just hope that he doesn't pick another spot to go potty in! At least it's fairly easy to clean it up in the bathtub.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

Just hope that he doesn't pick another spot to go potty in! At least it's fairly easy to clean it up in the bathtub.
thats what my mom said...he might be looking for a new place, and if thats the case then Nipper won, and i will let the water out of the tub!

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good way to handle this. I just joined this board today and read all these excrement problems that other cat owners are having with their cats and I feel for them. I mean you really love the cat but then you have to make sure there is a solution to the problem.

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tweetykiss

Good way to handle this. I just joined this board today and read all these excrement problems that other cat owners are having with their cats and I feel for them. I mean you really love the cat but then you have to make sure there is a solution to the problem.
I like your word for it much better than the op's.