Wish I had waited... :sigh:

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a 82 corvette it's a fun car and a big headache too!!! When they break it's not fun anymore!! Our car is still in the shop for almost 3 months now with electrical problems. Think of it this way, you just saved yourself thousands of dollars by not buying that car!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a neighbor who bought one for about $2000. The previous owner could not get the electrical problems worked out.

And you do NOT want to know about insurance on one!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They also are not a very smooth ride.

My friend has an old split window vette. It's a honey even if vettes ride rough.

My other friend got rid of his vette and got a pantera.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

They also are not a very smooth ride.

My friend has an old split window vette. It's a honey even if vettes ride rough.

My other friend got rid of his vette and got a pantera.
If it's a '63 split window, that is the single most valuable year of Corvette. Easily up in the $100,000 range.

Somebody local has a Pantera. I remember when they were new.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

If it's a '63 split window, that is the single most valuable year of Corvette. Easily up in the $100,000 range.

Somebody local has a Pantera. I remember when they were new.
I don't remember what year it is but he sure has looked after it. $100,000 actually seems pretty low for that car. I wonder what it would go for on the Barrett Jackson auction.

My other friend's Pantera was yellow. We had to get a special part for it shipped to us by our friend in California. He let me drive his vette but I didn't get to driver the Pantera.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

What...you would have rather had that instead of sweet Diva?!

Shame on you!
No, not instead of Diva, instead of the Honda Civic, although, today I left a Corvette eating my exhaust fumes at a " stop light battle", I heard his tires chirp so I know he was serious. I have a B16A1 in my Honda Civic, so it just isn't another ricer that has nice rims and a custom paint job. The original motor had 92 hp. The motor that is in my car has 180. I am REALLY loving this car. It was built in the previous owners garage, and while it is not perfect, it has to be the most reliable car I have owned. The car starts up everytime, the VTEC works perfectly, and it handles and accellerates like a BMW M3, the mid 1990s version, not the new one. The transmission shifts smoothly. Last Sunday, I was meeting my parents for lunch and this guy in an older Ford Festiva with rusty 12" rims pulls up next to me. Looks at me with this jealous look. I probably deserved it as the guy was about 10 years older than me and driving a golf cart...
My car also gets the same fuel mileage as a Ford Festiva despite being almost 3 times as powerful. Take your hybrids, I got me a sleeper...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I don't remember what year it is but he sure has looked after it. $100,000 actually seems pretty low for that car. I wonder what it would go for on the Barrett Jackson auction.

My other friend's Pantera was yellow. We had to get a special part for it shipped to us by our friend in California. He let me drive his vette but I didn't get to driver the Pantera.
I want a Pantera GT5

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Owning a Pantera is liking marrying an exotic blonde woman. Too much maintenance and worry!

I use my hot rod to keep all the local brats with their Hondas with fart-can exhausts humble.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Owning a Pantera is liking marrying an exotic blonde woman. Too much maintenance and worry!
Not if you just keep it parked in your parents' garage like my ex BF did - no maintenance or worry.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Not if you just keep it parked in your parents' garage like my ex BF did - no maintenance or worry.
He kept you or the car in his parents garage???