Local Pet Store

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went to the local pet store today that carries many healthy brands of food. The owner was very nice. We were talking about nutrition, he was very knowledgeable about it and he was surprised that I knew so much. I told him about this site and how much I learned from the people that post on it.

I was there for awhile looking at all the foods, reading the ingredients. Before I talked to the owner, one of the employees asked if I needed help, she was young and apparently not very knowledgeable. She was telling me about some brands of the foods, not saying anything specific about them, just that they were "good". Then she said "A cat should really eat more dry food though because it's good for their teeth." I was done listening to her then.
When I was talking to the owner I actually told him he should teach his one employee about nutrition because of what she told me. Hopefully I didn't get her in trouble.

Some of the wet food is expensive! Wellness Core $1.59, Before Grain $1.09, Innova Flex $1.09, Merrick $1.05 & $0.89.

Hopefully Poppy will like one or two of them. If not I guess I could always be sneaky and mix some Friskies in there so he'll eat it.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I moved your thread to the Cat Nutrition forum since you're discussing cat food.

So did Poppy find one appealing?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Wellness canned ($1.39) and Natural Balance ($1.29) at Petco. That's about the cheapest you will get the quality canned foods.

My cheapest is Max Cat and Iams canned (about $.79).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I moved your thread to the Cat Nutrition forum since you're discussing cat food.

So did Poppy find one appealing?
I didn't know where to post it. Thanks.

Actually, I haven't fed him any of those wet foods because the vet said to take him off wet because of his soft stools. Refer to this thread http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193426

I didn't take him off of wet though. I'm feeding him AvoDerm right now because he loves it. I completely stopped feeding him dry Evo and his stools have hardened up a bit but not completely. He either has a sensitive stomach or maybe TF????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

what size cans??
I'm not at home so I don't know the exact sizes but I can tell you that the Wellness Core was the big can and the other ones were all the smaller size cans.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I feed Wellness canned ($1.39) and Natural Balance ($1.29) at Petco. That's about the cheapest you will get the quality canned foods.

My cheapest is Max Cat and Iams canned (about $.79).
My feed store has Natural Balance 6 oz cans for $0.89 and 6 oz Chicken Soup for $0.92. I think Authority and Nutro are the least expensive here, but I don't know what their exact price is (Authority is only at Petsmart as its the store brand, Nutro is cheaper at Petsmart than Petco).

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats wont touch Nutro..not one flavor. I have bought several brands, different flavors/textures and still they prefer the Pro Plan chicken and rice formula (wet). What to do?

BTW, Poppy is extra cute