Coral's Kittens

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, it was hard for me to get a good picture, but I will post more later. Coral and her kittens are all doing great! They're all eating well and look very healthy. I had very low expectations due to her young age of 8 months old. Coral is eating and starting to walk around a bit. When she stands up, the kittens are latched on so tight that they just slowly drop off of her while she's standing. It's so cute! The one that looks wet was just born about 2 minutes before the picture. He was the one that wanted to stay in her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are 5 healthy little ones. We couldn't be more happy! She did great.

maizeysugah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww! They are so adorable!!! I'm jealous, Veruca is still under the bed. I hardly get to see the kittens at all.

Coral has the most beautiful eyes

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think we're going to keep any. We have 2 indoor cats, 1 indoor/outdoor and 1 outdoor cat. We're pretty much catted out. We have lots of people who want these kittens and two have already been picked as of this afternoon. I'll keep looking for good homes for all of them. I'm very careful as to who they go to!

You'll laugh at me, but we actually took the metal frame down, so our bed in on the ground, just so Coral couldn't have them under the bed and then us not have access to them if she needs help. I feel like we live our lives around our animals. It's so funny. I thought of the idea when you said that Veruca was under the bed, so you never got to see the kittens. Coral is very happy in our closet. I put the litter box, food, water and heating pad in there. They are all so cozy and happy.

maizeysugah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ugh, that's such a good idea, I wish I would have thought of it! I wonder what would happen if we did that now, or maybe we should just wait it out. I don't know, I have these awful visions of the bed collapsing on top of them every day, it's really unnerving.

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I actually mentioned that to my husband when he was complaining about taking the frame down. About 6 years ago I was going to adopt a kitten and I went to the lady's house to look at the kitten and she said that one I wanted was squished by the couch. What a sad loss.

I feel so lucky to have such a loyal cat that trusts me.

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TinkerBellnMe

CONGRATS! Some of hers look like Tinkerbells! How many did she have?
She had 5 kittens. She's a great mommy and it's so much fun to watch what an amazing job she's doing.

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The two closest to her feet are the rough and tough ones. The second one from her feet, the all black, is HUGE! It's very obvious and he's the one that was stuck in her for 4 hours. I can already tell who the runt is too. It's the black and white one, second from the top, who's face is covered. It's very tiny, but seems to be doing well.

Has anyone ever heard of adopting a pet from the pound and them saying it's fixed and it's not? I am thinking our black and white might be the daddy, but we got it from the pound and it was supposed to be neutered already. How can you tell? It's okay to be graphic, I'm a chiropractor, so I've seen some weird things

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Several people on TCS have had cats that were supposedly spayed or neutered and turned out not to be. Another thing to consider is that a male cat can still impregnate a female up to two months after being neutered because he's got sperm stored up already.

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That an interesting little thing that I'm sure most people wouldn't even think about. We got Sylvester a few years ago and they said he was 8 years old then. So he's 10 or 11 and a very sweet cat. I was thinking of checking if he was neutered, but I don't know what to look for

maizeysugah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not positive, but some places give the cat a little tattoo or something on their bellies after they are fixed.

Wow, your kittens are huge! Mine are so tiny still... They're certainly growing, but in no way look that size. I know they're eating, everytime I check on them they are at a teat. Hmm, I wonder why that is.

Edit: Ignore this, I pulled all of the kittens out from under the bed and they are much bigger than I thought. I'm such a dunce!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if a male cat is neutered, he won't have balls, so it's not too hard to tell!

Although if he was a full tom when neutered, sometimes it isn't so obvious. But, really, a male cat's testicles are pretty obvious. Just take a peek under his tail and see if he's got anything. Also, usually a tomcat's urine is VERY strong-smelling, and most people can't stand to keep a full tom indoors, even if he uses the litterbox faithfully (which is rare for toms). So unless you have a reduced sense of smell, he probably is neutered. Did she ever get outside about the time she got pregnant?