Got a job!!!!!!!!!!

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I heard back from Kaman's Art. Back in February, I went to their job fair at Hershey Park, and I had to show a portfolio of my artwork. I will be doing characatures and t-shirt airbrushing. They offer paid training at 8 per hour, then it is hourly plus commission. They say I could make between 300 and 500 per day. BTW, this is one step closer to my dream of becoming a comic book artist.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations! Can you post some pictures of your artwork?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I had my first day of training yesterday. I may be asking to be changed from caricatures to portraits as I cannot get the hang of drawing without a
pre-sketch. The instructors are really cool and the whole atmosphere is laid back. The other students are really great. Everyone is really nice and friendly. Alot of high school kids, but they are cool too. There is also this one girl who is 18 and cute who gave me her #...
There are also a couple of other people in the class who have degrees in sequential art( comic book art). I really have alot of confidence in my skills as an artist as I have no formal training and am on the same level of ability( inking) as some of the people with degrees in the class. BTW here is one I did in Photoshop.

Some of the people asked what I had in my note book and this was my first page in my portfolio.

BTW, the plot of this is, Robin is stuck at school and his pager is confiscated by his teacher...