A bit of a devil in her?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We released our semi-feral Baby late last summer, when her little ones were weaned and she was spayed. I brought her back inside in November. She had been living under the neighbours house where it was heated. She came to our door frozen on one side of her body. The new renters plugged her access. So she has been living downstairs since. In the last few weeks she has become very affectionate. She jumps on my lap gives nudges and kisses. Then all of a sudden she digs her claws into my arms and bites. Not a love bite it really hurts. She then growls and runs off. In a minute she's back wanting more pets. I want to continue loving her but OUCH. I have scratches on both arms and teeth marks. Any ideas ?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she's greatful and has claimed you as hers by lovin on you but the biting and scratching might be some frustration issues? What does the vet say? Is she healthy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

It sounds like she's greatful and has claimed you as hers by lovin on you but the biting and scratching might be some frustration issues? What does the vet say? Is she healthy?
She is healthy

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Might be some sort of overstimulation response... does she do that when you're petting her? I have had cats in rescue who respond strangely to lovin'.... they get worked up and bite and growl.
So I just withdraw. They "cool off" and come back for more laptime, pets and scritches, but I watch them carefully and if I see that wild look in the eye. ... I stop, withdraw again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Might be some sort of overstimulation response... does she do that when you're petting her? I have had cats in rescue who respond strangely to lovin'.... they get worked up and bite and growl.
So I just withdraw. They "cool off" and come back for more laptime, pets and scritches, but I watch them carefully and if I see that wild look in the eye. ... I stop, withdraw again.
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Best thread on the topic is here:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20837

You have to find out what triggers the behavior to know what to do to correct it.
I think you are right. she is getting overstimulated.
Thank You. I am going to slow things down, and watch her reactions. I just want to give this little girl the love I think she deserves and needs.