TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Attention ALL Veterans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Attention ALL Veterans - Page 2

post #31 of 47
Thread Starter 
Yes, that is what the link I posted a few posts back was regarding. The meeting they just had with the President. The link is from MSNBC and according to one of the people attending the meeting it DOES sound like Barack is seriously considering it.

Whoops, it was on Yahoo, not MSNBC
post #32 of 47
Thread Starter 
Here is a link to the MSNBC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908...29847#29729847

Nothing like a Commander In Chief throwing Vets in need of medical care under the bus to save a paltry 540 million dollars. He gives billions to all the fat cats but cannot help the military that stand on a wall for us. He makes me sick.
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Yes, that is what the link I posted a few posts back was regarding. The meeting they just had with the President. The link is from MSNBC and according to one of the people attending the meeting it DOES sound like Barack is seriously considering it.

Whoops, it was on Yahoo, not MSNBC
Well done That is far more substantial that the "someone said someone wants to consider" links.

I do sincerely hope that the people claiming it will never fly are right. Or wounded vets deserve the very best. And look at the other implications. Who is going to trust the US to pay our bills if we don't even want to pay for the treatment of our Veterans.

The only part that threw me off was the fact that the very person trumpeting loudest about this measure would be perfectly fine with Medicare reimbursing the VA.

Quote:
Roberts said that the American Legion would like the existing system to remain in place. Service-related injuries currently are treated and paid for by the government. The American Legion has proposed that Medicare reimburse the VA for the treatment of veterans.
post #34 of 47
Not nearly soon enough, but better late than never.

Obama Drops Controversial Healthcare Plan for Wounded Veterans
post #35 of 47
As far as I'm concerned it never should have even brought up at all, but politicians aren't that bright to begin with.
post #36 of 47
It's a great thing - it means he is listening to people's concerns. Thumbs up to Obama!
post #37 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
It's a great thing - it means he is listening to people's concerns. Thumbs up to Obama!
I didn't think it would go through, but what is disturbing to me is that he was in favor of it. At least according to the people at that meeting between Barack and the Veteran's organizations. He would have done this, just to save a paltry 540 Million, while giving billions to AIG.

IMO, that speaks to his character.
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I didn't think it would go through, but what is disturbing to me is that he was in favor of it. At least according to the people at that meeting between Barack and the Veteran's organizations. He would have done this, just to save a paltry 540 Million, while giving billions to AIG.

IMO, that speaks to his character.
Nothing that he does, or doesn't will make you happy, IMO... In this case, he didn't pass it; he blocked it, and still, he is being judged for his character... He would be judged doing it or not - there is no way out for Obama then.
post #39 of 47
Thread Starter 
His wanting it to pass speaks volumes to me of his lack of character, but you are right, I never thought he had any itegrity or character, ever.
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
His wanting it to pass speaks volumes to me of his lack of character, but you are right, I never thought he had any itegrity or character, ever.
That's rather obvious, as you didn't "waste" a word on this part of the plan, which was mentioned in most articles:
Quote:
Obama met with 11 veterans service organizations on Monday and explained his plan to increase funding for Veterans Affairs by $25 billion over five years
post #41 of 47
Thread Starter 
Anyone can talk the talk, I will reserve judgement until I see it happen.
Barack says a lot of things and has reneged on quite a bit of what he has said.
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Anyone can talk the talk, I will reserve judgement until I see it happen.
Barack says a lot of things and has reneged on quite a bit of what he has said.
Such as what? Examples please??
post #43 of 47
Do you really want a list? There are a couple of web sites and news journals that have been keeping track. Their judgment, of course, depends a lot on what their personal leanings are, but even the most loyal Democrats admit they are disappointed. Oddly enough, their disappointments are points of encouragement for Republicans.

Just as a starter, had this bill been posted for the public to read, as he promised, the sneaky clause that allowed these bonuses might have been discovered and aborted.

Remember the bitter fight over the 2000 election? Remember the cries of "Not MY President?" Remember "Selected, Not Elected?" Here's a shocker: Obama's current approval ratings are lower now than Bush's were at this same point in his administration. He's in for a rocky road if he doesn't get his administration under control.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Remember the bitter fight over the 2000 election? Remember the cries of "Not MY President?" Remember "Selected, Not Elected?" Here's a shocker: Obama's current approval ratings are lower now than Bush's were at this same point in his administration. He's in for a rocky road if he doesn't get his administration under control.
Obama's approval rating is about 62%, which IMO is huge considering the MESS of a country he got, thanks a lot to your beloved Bush.
post #45 of 47
Thread Starter 
I read his approval rating has slipped to 59 but whatever.

A few reneged promises.

1. I will have all bills posted online for five days so people can see them before they are voted on.

2. I will got through all bills line by line and remove all earmarks and pork.

3. I will have a totally transparent presidency.
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Obama's approval rating is about 62%, which IMO is huge considering the MESS of a country he got, thanks a lot to your beloved Bush.
I presume you mean the Democratic talking point about the tax cuts for the rich? Maybe you should read this assessment of Pelosi's saying just that...

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...-rich-deficit/

BTW, this isn't a pundit site, it ranks all of the politicians who make seemingly outrageous statements from both sides of the aisle. http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Obama's approval rating is about 62%, which IMO is huge considering the MESS of a country he got, thanks a lot to your beloved Bush.
Here's the authoritative page, which shows him at an average of 60.2%. It was actually up a little at the beginning of this week. How AIG affects him remains to be seen.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/

And he's not "my beloved Bush." I'm an independent. In addition to that, I used to teach history, and I have a pretty good handle on how this all works out, over time.

But just as an aside, our current economic problems are largely due to the rise in oil (and thence gas) prices, which triggered defaults on shaky mortgages. The oil price rise is mainly due to the economic boom in China and India. The shaky loans are largely due to the changes in the Community Reinvestment Act under Bill Clinton and the refusal of Congress to re-impose stricter regulation on FNMA and Freddie Mac proposed by Republicans but blocked by Chris Dodd and Barney Frank, both Democrats.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Attention ALL Veterans