WooHoo! I got a promotion!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out yesterday that I (and 9 other people) were promoted to new positions just created in our company! They aren't sure if there will be a pay increase (HR is still working on that) but I really don't care about that.

I'm going to be doing some of the same things I'm doing now (help desk to answer other rep questions, and handling supervisor calls) but also will be involved in research and will have a direct phone number to the "BOARD" (aka, the chairmen of the contract in DC) to get answers. That part kind of makes me nervous but I'm excited about it too.

Anyway, just wanted to share!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! Congrats on your company recognizing a job well done.

bubby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So you got a "Promotion" but they aren't increasing your pay?

Sounds like they are getting you to do more work without compensating you for it, but if you want to do more for the same amount of pay, more power to you I guess.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bubby

So you got a "Promotion" but they aren't increasing your pay?

Sounds like they are getting you to do more work without compensating you for it, but if you want to do more for the same amount of pay, more power to you I guess.
That's wonderful news for you. It's an opportunity for you.

These days we should all be lucky to just have a job. We found out today that we are not getting any raises this spring as we usually do but if the economy picks up they may give us a raise later in the year. I don't have a problem with that. I make a fair salary and I'm thankful to still be working rather than out there looking for a job with the thousands of people who have been laid off. This isn't a time to complain a whole lot about our jobs. The alternatives are worse.

Anything new you learn in this "promotion" is never lost so even if you don't get compensated for it now, you may well be compensated somewhere down the road.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

That's wonderful news for you. It's an opportunity for you.

These days we should all be lucky to just have a job. We found out today that we are not getting any raises this spring as we usually do but if the economy picks up they may give us a raise later in the year. I don't have a problem with that. I make a fair salary and I'm thankful to still be working rather than out there looking for a job with the thousands of people who have been laid off. This isn't a time to complain a whole lot about our jobs. The alternatives are worse.

Anything new you learn in this "promotion" is never lost so even if you don't get compensated for it now, you may well be compensated somewhere down the road.
That's the way I look at it. The managers told us a few weeks ago that we won't be getting a raise this year because of the economy, so I really can't complain. And, I'm willing and eager to learn more and see what I can do here. I've been doing the same thing for 3 years and it's getting a little old. As long as I don't get a pay decrease, I'm fine!! Thank you all for the congrats!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
congratz!!!

you will have new challanges to look forward to and even if you dont get a payraise its something different and it gives more experience to build up your resume!

gss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Congratulations!

I actually just graduated college and have been doing the interview circuit, not a fun time, especially in this economy. I actually have an offer coming in the mail in a few days, but the compensation is pretty low. I don't think I could support myself and my student loans. I'm starting to work out my negotiation strategy, and I'm going to request $4 more an hour, but I'm not afraid to walk away from the offer as it stands, so I guess I can't lose.

Anyways,
Congrats

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations!
Isn't it great when companies make positive changes?