Haven't been to the gym all week.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Greatest. Breakfast. Ever.

Honestly, it is.

It's an egg, right? Eggs are for breakfast.
sounds good to me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

It's an egg, right? Eggs are for breakfast.
I'm sure everyone in my office thinks I'm nuts cause I just giggled really loud at this!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's okay to treat yourself to some tasty food every once in a while no matter what diet you are on IMO.
As far as the gym, what they say is that people who start out doing a lot tend to give up, so maybe you could start out by doing something less intense and not as often and then gradually work up to more?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep reading about Easter candy and I'm going to need to get to the gym!!
I went to the grocery store today and was going to buy some candy but stopped myself. Twizzler's is not candy is it?

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

As far as the gym, what they say is that people who start out doing a lot tend to give up, so maybe you could start out by doing something less intense and not as often and then gradually work up to more?
Yeah, there's definitely something to be said for that. If working out is nothing but one big chore, you're a lot less likely to stick with it. Another thing that REALLY helps me stick with it is keeping a consistent schedule. I go after work every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We have a health club at work, so that works out great for me. I know that if I leave straight away at 5:00, I'll spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic and have a much longer commute, so that gives me an incentive to stick around and hit the gym. I can spend an hour in the gym and only get home 30 minutes later than I would have if I left at 5.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gym? What's a gym?

DH and I could just NEVER keep it up. Thank GOD we live in a rural area, because lovely hiking trails are within a few miles. OK - so we haven't been out walking recently either. But Spring/Summer we tend to get really fit just by walking at least a mile every day. And DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN ALL DAY. It totally revs up the metabolism and you burn more calories just doing normal daily things.

Laurie

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loove walking outdoors we have an amazing hiking trail just minutes away from my house...It relaxes me so much. I don't like going alone though and I cannot get a buddy to go with me every single time....I really want a dog to accompany me, that would be amazing, when I walk with a dog I enjoy nature through his eyes too and it's even more relaxing. Too bad I can't afford a dog

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
eating that much sugar for breakfast will make you feel tired. And remember how much you hurt when you first when to the gym. You don't want that again right?

I'm sure it's not anything you don't already know.