can you advantage

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I advantage my barn kitty that is pregnant? I have her in the heated workshop and I worry about bringing any fleas into the house. I live in the frozen north, so it might not be an issue. Any thoughts? Thank you. SC

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Frontline, Advantage and Advantix all have warning labels regarding their use in pregnant cats. I wouldn't use any of them until at least 8 weeks after the kittens are born. If you do use them after the kittens are born, make certain the fur where the product was applied is completely dry. They aren't are safe for kittens under 8 weeks of age.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used Frontline on Keller before I knew she was pregnant. Should I be worried?

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I read something on a website (maybe not to be trusted at all, but I didn't know Coral was pregnant and I used Advantage at about 2 weeks in), that you can use advantage on a pregnant cat up to about 2 weeks before delivery. It didn't sound right to me, but hey, it made me feel less bad
It's probably best to look on the products website. They should have all the info you may need.

cat-tastrophe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They should be fine in the workshop if its heated. Post picts when their born!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the info. I won't advantage until it is totally safe after the babies are born. I have no idea how soon she will have them. I have had cats all my life, but no kittens except once. So long ago. It breaks my heart that she is pregnant. She will be spayed asap after they are born. She was a wild barn cat, but she sure has tamed down in just the couple of days she has been here. I have opened her cage and she likes to go and lay in the sun and watch the birds out the window. I am heating her a nice fleece throw in the dryer right now. I wish someone would heat me a fleece throw.....

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

She was a wild barn cat, but she sure has tamed down in just the couple of days she has been here. I have opened her cage and she likes to go and lay in the sun and watch the birds out the window. I am heating her a nice fleece throw in the dryer right now. I wish someone would heat me a fleece throw.....
Well, from my readings on the subject (I have a probably-preggers stray in residence at the moment), cats are generally more affectionate went pregnant, so now might be a good time to increase the bond between the two of you.