I ain't no stinkin' butler!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not made a big deal out of this in the past but you know how somebody can do some little thing that in itself is quite small but when done over and over again... well, the straw that breaks the camel's back.

This household had steak last night, the way Persi likes it, rare. Thinking back on all the wild animal documentaries I have seen, this would make sense.

This is pretty much how last night went, as it has a hundred times before.

"C'mon Persi, we got steak tonight!"
(Persi appears on the arm of the couch, right next to me.)
"It's nice and rare, just the way you like it!"
(Persi stares at me.)
"OK, boy, let me cut that up into nice little pieces for you."
(Persi watches intently.)
"There you go, buddy boy!"
(Lack of response.)
"Oh, so you want me to...."
(Persi grabs piece of steak from hand and gobbles down.)
"OK, there's the rest of them, all cut up nice for you..."
(Persi sits on arm of couch, pretending not to be interested.)

At about this point in time I usually give in and just go ahead and feed him the remaining pieces by hand.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Oh Lee... does he EVER have you well trained!!!

Should I tell you what Scarlett has taught us to do? She doesn't like normal cat treats, she only likes human snacks like Pepperidge Farm Goldfish. But she won't even take them from our hands. You have to put the tail of the fish in your mouth and she nibbles it from your lips. (at least I get a kitty kiss from the deal)

Persi ain't got nothin' on Scarlett!!

(you better not let Persi read this)

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of a particular cat at my house. We have two windows that the blinds are always pulled up on--we rent so we try and protect the blinds as best as possible.

Because we live on a busy street where cars are often stopped for long periods of time--train tracks--we don't like the front window blinds open (no curtains) but Jack knows if he sits on the back of the couch and paws at the miniblinds I will come open them for him. He'll paw, look over his shoulder for me, paw some more, look, paw --until I come.

So I'm eating my breakfast yesterday morning and I hear pawing behind my head and I turn around to HARLEY pawing my blinds--yes Jack has managed to rub off on his brother. So I am officially their beck and call girl!

Leslie

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Should I tell you what Scarlett has taught us to do? She doesn't like normal cat treats, she only likes human snacks like Pepperidge Farm Goldfish. But she won't even take them from our hands. You have to put the tail of the fish in your mouth and she nibbles it from your lips. (at least I get a kitty kiss from the deal)

Persi ain't got nothin' on Scarlett!!

(you better not let Persi read this)

Oh Gawd... and while you're at it, why don't you peel her some grapes, too!!????

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I am very new at this cat raising since my parents never even let me babysite kittens of friends who went on vaca and once I became an adult, I lived in apartments where no pets were allowed.

Now we have a house and my husband and I debated for 10 years on what pet to have. He wanted a miniature pincher but I am afraid of dogs. Since I love birds, he thought he would get me those until he found out that he is allergic to bird feathers. Then he finally agreed to let me have a cat. Now we have had Avalon for two weeks and my life is now fulfilled.

Ok, now back to the point, I thought that we ever give a cat food that are for humans, they will never eat their own food. Maybe I am wrong. What I do for cat treats is give her these "tuna for cats". Otherwise she eats dry food. I only give her these treats for incentive to behave. I also give her catnip that I put in a mouse. She also has a lot of mice toys to play with. I guess I am spoiling her. LOL