Figuring out due dates

keegen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my pregnant foster Tessa got out of her previous owners house on Jan 10th, in heat. Should I assume she got pregnant that day or a couple days later? If I assume she got pregnant on the 10th, that puts her due date on the 17th, correct? I myself have given birth to four children so I know not to put much faith in due dates, but still, its nice to have an estimate!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's more of a range than a single date. If she got pregnant on or around Jan. 10, she's probably due somewhere between March 11 and 18. How long was she outside? If she didn't get pregnant immediately, you can add a few days.

karshe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she got pregnant on the 10/1 her due date would be the 16/4. But cats like humans can and do go over the due date or under. Has her nipples/glands become swollen yet? If so you have approx 2-4 days left to go before you have little kittens. Good luck. Sheryl

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by karshe

If she got pregnant on the 10/1 her due date would be the 16/4. But cats like humans can and do go over the due date or under. Has her nipples/glands become swollen yet? If so you have approx 2-4 days left to go before you have little kittens. Good luck. Sheryl
Do you mean 16/3? 16/4 would make her pregnancy about 14.5 weeks instead of the typical 9 weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keegen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The previous owner told the shelter she got out Jan 10th and they got her back Jan 27th. Apparently she was in heat when she got out.
Her nipples are starting to plump out a little but nothing major right now.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Average is 63-68 days (approximately 9 weeks). So figure the if breed on Jan 10th - the earliest would be March 13th - March 20th (or about now). I'm assuming since its March 19th - she probably has had them or is very close to having them.