Authority?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just came from Petsmart, where I planned to stock up on Authority wet food. It's one of the few foods Cindy will consistently eat. However, they didn't have any! Not just that they were out, they didn't even have a space on the shelves for it. So I asked at the cash register, and she didn't know but she called over to a manager, and he said if there isn't a space for it, then they aren't carrying it.

Does anyone know what's going on with Authority?

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What? I was just in Petsmart a week ago and they had half an aisle devoted to it... And it's still on their website!

Quite honestly "Then we don't carry it" is a pat answer, no thought given.

That's really weird, though.

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is weird. I was just at the Petsmart here this past weekend and like Forensic, they had a whole aisle of it. Maybe call and see if you can speak with the General Manager, you'll be able to get answers from him.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Authority is the Petsmart house brand - even if there were some huge recall no one had heard of, I'd think Petsmart would have verbiage on the shelves saying what had happened - like they're doing now with the peanut related issue and what they did during the recall. I'd call back and ask for the manager - my Petsmart seems to have very good staff, but maybe you ran into some odd bizarro Petsmart. I'm going to go google now and see if there's weird news. Good luck. I've fed Authority and my kids did pretty darn well on it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

I thought Authority is the Petsmart house brand.
it is. like the others, i just bought a bag - not this past weekend, but not more than a week before that.
sometimes i have trouble finding the flavor of canned food i use, or the regular kibble [as opposed to the hairball or indoor formulas] but the brand is always there...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just at my local petsmart this past weekend and saw the aisle devoted to it...That's really weird your store wouldn't have it..

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just bought a case worth of the canned Authority the other day. Our Petsmart only has about 1/4 of an aisle devoted to it, but they always have all the flavors well stocked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The web site only has 3 flavors in the canned. Is this normal?

I will call later, or maybe go back down there this weekend to see if I can figure out what's up. Frankly, the cashier did offer to see what she could find out what was going on if I wouldn't mind waiting, but I didn't have time to hang around.

I really would like to keep getting the Authority, since it's at least one Cindy and I can compromise on. (She would like Fancy Feast, and I would like her to have Wellness or similar.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone is interested, I went down to Petsmart this morning, and it turns out they were in the process of reorganizing the shelves and just hadn't gotten around to putting the Authority back out.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home from Petsmart and saw half an aisle of Authority - but glad to know your store actually had their own store brand
But, I think there might need to be a little more staff training over there - they really are supposed to check out all customers' questions quickly.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

If anyone is interested, I went down to Petsmart this morning, and it turns out they were in the process of reorganizing the shelves and just hadn't gotten around to putting the Authority back out.
Yeah, see... "then we don't have it" equals "I am to lazy to find out what's going on or go get a bag out of the back."

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Yeah, see... "then we don't have it" equals "I am to lazy to find out what's going on or go get a bag out of the back."
And people wonder why they can't get ahead

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it might be local store management - unless I just have a super Petsmart here - I've had the associates race into the back to find me Cat Attract litter (it's very popular at this location), or call another store and have it shipped to my location. And they're good at walking me to the right aisle when I have a question - like when buying a present for a friend's dog.

~*regina*~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont want to high jack this thread but since we are already talking about Athority...
I have been feeding my cat Wellness grain free wet food but It's starting to kill my pocket so I have been looking for alternatives and Authority looks like a pretty good food but I noticed Brewers Rice. How bad is it for my cat?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ~*Regina*~

I dont want to high jack this thread but since we are already talking about Athority...
I have been feeding my cat Wellness grain free wet food but It's starting to kill my pocket so I have been looking for alternatives and Authority looks like a pretty good food but I noticed Brewers Rice. How bad is it for my cat?
Brewers rice is a LOW LOW quality rice , ie leftovers and fragments