What have I done?

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ricky Bobby loves to play fetch. And now I've created a fetch monster! The other day I played fetch with him for about an hour or so. I guess he had so much fun cuz now all he wants to do is play fetch! He is constantly bringing that darn ball to me to throw. If I don't he'll either start meowing, or if I'm sitting on the couch he'll get behind me and start pawing at my head and tugging at my hair with is mouth. Earlier today he misplaced the ball and he was determined to find something else to fetch. He brought me socks, pens, a roll of toilet paper that he got from under the sink, a plastic grocery bag, and a big battery powered mouse!
After he brought me each one, I'd just look at him and told him "No, you can't fetch this silly." He'd meow and then go off to look for something else.
What have I done to my baby, he's obsessed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL, glad it gave ya'll a laugh. He is quite a character. He found his ball and we're now playing fetch again.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have a fetcher at the clinic where I work. But, she only fetches one ball (a ball she happened to still out a patient's carrier, :p). She will follow me around all day, dropping it on my shoe and meowing at me until I throw it again.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LayItDown

Ricky Bobby loves to play fetch. And now I've created a fetch monster! The other day I played fetch with him for about an hour or so. I guess he had so much fun cuz now all he wants to do is play fetch! He is constantly bringing that darn ball to me to throw. If I don't he'll either start meowing, or if I'm sitting on the couch he'll get behind me and start pawing at my head and tugging at my hair with is mouth. Earlier today he misplaced the ball and he was determined to find something else to fetch. He brought me socks, pens, a roll of toilet paper that he got from under the sink, a plastic grocery bag, and a big battery powered mouse!
After he brought me each one, I'd just look at him and told him "No, you can't fetch this silly." He'd meow and then go off to look for something else.
What have I done to my baby, he's obsessed!
How cute! Cats can also become obsessed with other things such as bouncing things down the stairs and then retrieving them. No human intervention required!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's priceless! Thanks for the much-needed guffaw. I love the image of him going off to find something else when after you tell him he can't fetch whatever he's brought to you.

kerplunq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats awesome! When I first met Jess, I brought over some fast food and her youngest went crazy over the straw. Now that we live with each other, Dynah will come, at all hours of the day (and night) with a straw for her to fetch. Sometimes we wake up and the bed is FULL of straws lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got home from work. Within 5 minutes of me being home, he dropped the ball by my side. He is crazy!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Ricky Bobby's soo cute!! You'll just have to cater to his whims till he finds a new obsession