How did they know I needed that?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday was kind of a difficult day for me & when I got home I just wanted to cuddle with my babies. Well Jordan jumped up into my arms & crawled on my shoulder. He has not done that in a while. Then Levi jumped from the couch into my other arm & up on the other shoulder. Levi does jump from the couch to my shoulder, but NEVER when one of the other cats is already in my arms. So I walked around for a while holding 2 cats one on each shoulder, both of them purring away. It made my day & I felt so much better
, I just wonder how they knew I needed that. I had only been home for about 5 minuets.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know HOW they know, but they just do
my cats are always very sensitive to my moods and seem to try to comfort me when I am down.I love my kitties!!!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww they are so sweet
I'm not surprised that they know you were in need of comfort, animals can be very good at sensing their humans' moods.

ixi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that's adorable. cats are so good at sensing these things. When I went on vacation over the summer, I was so upset that I couldn't take my kitty with me. i was going away for over a month. That's a long time for me to be away from my cat. But the day before I left, my kitty curled up in my lap and took a nap. He hasn't done that since he was a baby, but I really needed him to do that

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how they know, but they do seem to, don't they?

I often wake on in the middle of the night for a while, anything from maybe ten or so minutes to an hour. I get up, get water, etc, and go straight back to bed where I pet Molly a little and go back to sleep.

About a week ago, I had an awful nightmare. I woke from it, but got up, had some water, used the loo, etc., came straight back to bed. Molly settled down on me, gave me a good wash, and settled herself next to my face (she usually parks herself on my torso) until I fell back to sleep.

Weird and wonderful, huh?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ixi

that's adorable. cats are so good at sensing these things. When I went on vacation over the summer, I was so upset that I couldn't take my kitty with me. i was going away for over a month. That's a long time for me to be away from my cat. But the day before I left, my kitty curled up in my lap and took a nap. He hasn't done that since he was a baby, but I really needed him to do that
That's fantastic. It's bizarre how intuitive they are.

My never seem to notice if I'm getting ready to leave, but they're very possessive once I get back.

On the other hand, they recognise Daddy's suitcase (I travel light anyway, but it would be an incentive to start if I didn't!) and raise holy hell. Slaine in particular climbs in and stretches out in protest... it makes it very hard indeed to pack (both physically and emotionally!).

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always found it amazing how cats can sense human emotions or when we don't feel well. Now my dog on the other hand, just wants food no matter what's going on lol

Not long ago they had a story on the news about a cat that's a resident pet in a nursing home that would lay with someone right before they passed away. Has anyone heard or seen this? I think that's amazing but not sure if I was there I'd want it laying with me. They're having something similar on 'House' Monday night.