I got this to show Cleo in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea my mentor advised me to get that.
I will use taht for Cleo and the new kitten/cat when I get it.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I first saw it pictured on the webpage, I thought that would be neat to get to have a few extra crates on hand for emergency.. but not for that price! WOW!

It is nice tho.. I supposse if you were getting serious about showing, it would be a very worthwhile investment.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told Cleo may not do well but show her 3/4 to see how she does.
The next one will be for showing.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree that a plain container is probably better.. $15 for something that the cat is just going to poop in anyways... your money tho.

I'd probably opt for a cheap plastic container with a lid.. during travel you can put the lid on it to prevent litter spills.. you'd need a container to carry the litter in anyways.

Ive also seen disposable litter boxes, which would be good for a show.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nekkiddoglady

I'd probably opt for a cheap plastic container with a lid..
Ours have to have a lid, if it's used it must be covered to eliminate odours in the hall - most get them from discount stores for only a dollar or two.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I cart my litter in the containers to the show and then just pop them open when I'm there - mine was actually originally a cake container
Not anymore

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Yeah I cart my litter in the containers to the show and then just pop them open when I'm there - mine was actually originally a cake container
Not anymore
lol I certainly wouldnt want to use it for cake!

heh.. a little OT.. I've used a (new) kitty litter pan to put a cake it before.. my aunt wanted me to make a "kitty litter cake" for my cousin's halloween party.. basically you make white and chocolate cake, crumble it up, mix with vanilla pudding.. and then you use tootsie rolls, melt and shape them into little turds... I even added the touch of that one that hangs over the side of the pan LOL

No one wanted to eat it LOL

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nekkiddoglady

lol I certainly wouldnt want to use it for cake!

heh.. a little OT.. I've used a (new) kitty litter pan to put a cake it before.. my aunt wanted me to make a "kitty litter cake" for my cousin's halloween party.. basically you make white and chocolate cake, crumble it up, mix with vanilla pudding.. and then you use tootsie rolls, melt and shape them into little turds... I even added the touch of that one that hangs over the side of the pan LOL

No one wanted to eat it LOL
I've always wanted to make one of those litter cakes.
It sounds so funny!

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Noticed that most of the Bengal owners at the shows do have a more sturdy cage.
LOL I dont think a cloth cage would contain some cats very well.. we thing Gozer is part Bengal.. she can be rowdy at times.. I wouldnt try to put her in a cloth cage! If I were to get some cloth carriers for emergency use, she'd be the one to go in my plastic crate.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Sturdi Products cage is not made of cloth. It's a type of vinyl and very durable. It will be fine for Cleo.

The only reason it isn't fine for bengals, is due to it being lightweight it is prone to tipping and falling off the benching table if a heavy cat is playing inside it. I've seen this happen more than one time with bengals.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this in Tan. I use it to go to the vets and everyone always asks where I got it. I am getting Cleo used to the show cage. I am sure it will not fall over.
The carrier does because its small.
The material is very strong.
I sat the carrier on the couch last summer with a cat in it and it fell on the floor.
I doubt a Bengal would fit in the carrier.
The cage is Cleo is being shown in is big.
Anything else I should put in the cage besides the bed,dishes and litter pan?
http://www.sturdiproducts.com/4111/x...&cat=1&page=1#