A suggestion for dental care

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

One of my furbabies was recently diagnosed with stomatitis, and since then i've been researching a lot for helpful tips and teeth brushing options. I first bought the cat toothpaste that comes with the small toothbrush and the finger brush. I attempted to use it, but was unsuccessful. The toothbrush is too big as is the finger brush. I have been at this for about a month or so.

Finally, I came across something that seems to work well. I bought this below. Its for humans and i bought it in publix but so far has worked best. Every night I lay my kuki on my bed, my hubby holds his legs and paws and i get to work. It has worked wonder! I can see the plaque and tartar coming off as i gently use it against his teeth.

I figure i'd share this with you guys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its a proxabrush by G.U.M made to remove plaque between teeth. The pacakage says great for braces bridges and implants.

It works great for cats because its soooo small!

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
surprisingly they are pretty soft. Ill tell you this, they are way softer than the cat toothbrush i bought at petsmart.

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try that. I tried the rubber finger brush before and it didn't work.

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip.
I agree the brushes / finger tool are so big.
It makes it so hard, I gave up too.

Brenda

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohhhhhhh, I am going to get one!

I too find the finger brush way too big, and the cat toothbrush is too wide-but not nearly as bad as the stupid finger bush, lol!

Now THAT looks purfect! Great idea!

EDIT: Is the top portion detachable? So you can buy replacements? Looks like it, if so that is another plus-I worry about using the brushes too long... bacteria & they start falling apart (brissels)

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

ohhhhhhh, I am going to get one!

I too find the finger brush way too big, and the cat toothbrush is too wide-but not nearly as bad as the stupid finger bush, lol!

Now THAT looks purfect! Great idea!

EDIT: Is the top portion detachable? So you can buy replacements? Looks like it, if so that is another plus-I worry about using the brushes too long... bacteria & they start falling apart (brissels)
Yes the top portion is detachable! It brings 2 little brissels and you can buy replacements! And its only about $1.50