Why are cheetos Puffs so addicting!!??

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is (was) a bag of these delectable goodies in our staff-share pile in the kitchen at work. I make it a strict point NEVER to buy them myself because I will eat at least half the bag, if not the whole thing in one sitting.
In the past two days, I have proceeded to eat the Cheetos puffs from the office kitchen until I now have orange fingernails and a stomach ache.

Somebody please help me ... I'm addicted!!!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laughing at the orange fingernails! I know what you mean, potato chips are the same way!

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, I know. And Oke Doke cheese popcorn, too. I do not allow myself to have that in the house, because I will eat it in one or two sittings. Talk about calorie city.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow I must be the only one who doesn't find those addictive. What I am addicted to is soda. I'm sad because when I'm on a diet, my diet foods are cheetos with diet coke. It only takes me a small amount of chips to make me thirsty as hell so then comes the diet coke and it fills up my stomach so I am not as hungry..Thankfully I don't go on diets for longer than a few days, just to offset holiday feasts, otherwise i'd be dead by now.
I actually hate eating too much chips because the top of my mouth gets sore from all the crunchiness lol

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They're so addictive because the cheese gets stuck to your fingers, enters your bloodstream, travels into your brain and imprints you with CHEESE PUFFS.

So you need more. It's completely scientific.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by anjhest

They're so addictive because the cheese gets stuck to your fingers, enters your bloodstream, travels into your brain and imprints you with CHEESE PUFFS.

I think you could win a Nobel prize for that theory!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You need a trophy just for best answer!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that is true. I tried just to eat one. It is not possible

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eureka! I've got it. Cheetos are like Friskies for humans! They spray it with something irresistible.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG we had this conversation last night! I love them! A bag last less than 48 hours around here...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheetos could be a food group all by themselves.
Several years ago I came across nacho flavored Cheetos at my grocery store. (the crunchy Cheetos, not the puffs) I literally ate the entire bag in one sitting; thankfully, it was the smaller bag
. After a few months they disappeared from the store shelves and I've never seen them again!
I don't know if it was a regional thing, or just a test of that flavor, or what, but I would LOVE to find them again.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Cheetos could be a food group all by themselves.
Several years ago I came across nacho flavored Cheetos at my grocery store. (the crunchy Cheetos, not the puffs) I literally ate the entire bag in one sitting; thankfully, it was the smaller bag
. After a few months they disappeared from the store shelves and I've never seen them again!
I don't know if it was a regional thing, or just a test of that flavor, or what, but I would LOVE to find them again.
YAY! Another Crunchy Nacho Cheetos fan!!

They came out in 1996 or 97 and were sadly discontinued in 1998. I remember asking a store manager about them. Just like TV shows, I find something I really like and it gets yanked off LOL

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY! Another Crunchy Nacho Cheetos fan!!
They came out in 1996 or 97 and were sadly discontinued in 1998. I remember asking a store manager about them. Just like TV shows, I find something I really like and it gets yanked off LOL
For ages, I thought I was the only one that had ever eaten them! Nobody else seemed to know what I was talking about. Weren't they delicious!? I can't figure out why they would discontinue them.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably because out of 308,799,402 people in the USA we were the only 2 that bought them

But don't we both have great taste in food??

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably because out of 308,799,402 people in the USA we were the only 2 that bought them
But don't we both have great taste in food??

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, but the ones lil maggie and I are craving were Nacho flavored crunchy Cheetos. They were delicious!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm craving cheetos puffs badly now I've been seeing this thread for the past 2 days and just the title makes me want some!! Also, there are these cheetos I had the other day that were jalapeno flavored and they were really good...

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They quit making those Nacho flavored Cheetos so I have to buy Nacho Doritos. I don't want to buy them but it's Nachooooo!