Angry tail in the morning.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually after my alarm goes off & I hit snooze. Jordan usually takes this opportunity to curl up next to my head. I always thought he was not so bright because all it does is make me want to sleep longer. After all he's warm, fuzzy & purring, who wouldn't want to stay asleep. Well this morning I realize his tail is telling the truth of what he is feeling. He was super annoyed with me this morning & doing the tail flick that tells me he is irritated with me. So not only was he flicking his tail, he was hitting me in the face with it this morning. I guess that was my sign that it was time for breakfast.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Usually after my alarm goes off & I hit snooze. Jordan usually takes this opportunity to curl up next to my head. I always thought he was not so bright because all it does is make me want to sleep longer. After all he's warm, fuzzy & purring, who wouldn't want to stay asleep. Well this morning I realize his tail is telling the truth of what he is feeling. He was super annoyed with me this morning & doing the tail flick that tells me he is irritated with me. So not only was he flicking his tail, he was hitting me in the face with it this morning. I guess that was my sign that it was time for breakfast.
I have an automatic feeder on a timer.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

I have an automatic feeder on a timer.
Hennessy doesn't eat in the mornings (well, at the least, I don't put down more food then) and he still starts pestering me the second the alarm goes off.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason that I don't know, Maggie has picked around 2am to want to eat. I'm a night person so it's usually no biggie but if I'm already in bed she either sits her kitty butt on my face or slaps my eyelids. I've never gotten the tail flicking though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

For some reason that I don't know, Maggie has picked around 2am to want to eat. I'm a night person so it's usually no biggie but if I'm already in bed she either sits her kitty butt on my face or slaps my eyelids. I've never gotten the tail flicking though.
I was laughing because I thought, maybe he does this every morning & I've just never noticed.

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Roxy used to do the tail thwap too, it was like getting hit in the face with
a rubber hose. Little Girl would either head-butt me or stick her cold nose
in my ear.

Touche just meows and kneeds me in the butt with her claws until I get up.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad I had a pair of really patient cats. The only times Cassie woke me up in the morning was when she went into labour at 5 am, and when I forgot to bring the litterbox up to my bedroom and she really needed to poop - she ended up puking instead, possibly from keeping it all in till I actually woke up.. Poor girl... The minute I woke and opened the door she zoomed downstairs and jumped into the litterbox in a flash.

Other than that, Cass and Wukong were content to snuggle till I was ready to get up