I found a Beagle dog running on a main road!!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday at work I decided to leave an hour early to run some errands I have not had time to run in the last months. I was driving down a major road during one of the busy times and saw this little dog zooming back and forth, jumping around obnoxiously, and having the time of his life. My heart stopped as I watched cars speeding past him, I saw two cars get so closed he sort of “tipped†over from the speed. I immediately pulled over on the turning lane (it was too busy to pull over to the other side) put on my emergency lights and got out of the car. I ran into the road figuring that if people are not going to swerve to avoid the dog, they better swerve to avoid a human. People were swearing at me, one lady yelled, “Get the F out of the road!†another “Move your G-Damn car†Another “Get your stupid dog out of the road†I was outraged that people would be so cruel and obnoxious when there was a dog about to get run over.

A very nice lady came running up to me asking if that was my dog. I told her it was not but I was looking for him to get him off the road, she looked shocked and must have asked at least 5 times if it was my dog. She offered to help me, she told me to move my car to the closet parking lot and she would follow the dog. It took us 25min and a piece of celery to get this dog. We herded him to a very quiet side road for safety and tried to capture him. Every time he got too far one way we would herd him the other way so he wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t end up on a main road again (we were in my cities downtown area). Eventually we caught him and I used my purse strap to leash him.

Got this little bugger in my car and decided to name him PITA for the time being (standing for: pain in the a*s) he was panting so hard I stopped at the convenience store and got him some water while I decided what to do. I called my boyfriend to discuss and he informed under no circumstances was I to bring this dog home, as usual, which I love about him, he is overly paranoid about the cats and doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to chance anything even though if I brought PITA home they would never interact.

I brought PITA to the SPCA and they checked for a microchip, tattoo, anything to ID him. One girl said she was sure he is owned because she has seen him before in October brought in as a stray (I guess he escapes sometimes). They asked me if I wanted to take him home, so I called my boyfriend again and we discussed further and even though I knew I could get him to say yes I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t push it since I know he so scared for the cats. I brought PITA back, registered him, gave a donation, went to my car, called my Mom and cried all the way home LOL. I think the whole experienced drained me and I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know until it was over…. All I could think of what if that was Bruno, would someone risk getting run over for him? Would they feed him his water when he needed it? Would they comfort him when he was scared? Got to love PMS Lol I cried like it was my dog I was bringing to the SPCA. Ill call them later and see if the owner picked him up… poor little pup.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

Yesterday at work I decided to leave an hour early to run some errands I have not had time to run in the last months. I was driving down a major road during one of the busy times and saw this little dog zooming back and forth, jumping around obnoxiously, and having the time of his life. My heart stopped as I watched cars speeding past him, I saw two cars get so closed he sort of “tipped†over from the speed. I immediately pulled over on the turning lane (it was too busy to pull over to the other side) put on my emergency lights and got out of the car. I ran into the road figuring that if people are not going to swerve to avoid the dog, they better swerve to avoid a human. People were swearing at me, one lady yelled, “Get the F out of the road!†another “Move your G-Damn car†Another “Get your stupid dog out of the road†I was outraged that people would be so cruel and obnoxious when there was a dog about to get run over.

A very nice lady came running up to me asking if that was my dog. I told her it was not but I was looking for him to get him off the road, she looked shocked and must have asked at least 5 times if it was my dog. She offered to help me, she told me to move my car to the closet parking lot and she would follow the dog. It took us 25min and a piece of celery to get this dog. We herded him to a very quiet side road for safety and tried to capture him. Every time he got too far one way we would herd him the other way so he wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t end up on a main road again (we were in my cities downtown area). Eventually we caught him and I used my purse strap to leash him.

Got this little bugger in my car and decided to name him PITA for the time being (standing for: pain in the a*s) he was panting so hard I stopped at the convenience store and got him some water while I decided what to do. I called my boyfriend to discuss and he informed under no circumstances was I to bring this dog home, as usual, which I love about him, he is overly paranoid about the cats and doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to chance anything even though if I brought PITA home they would never interact.

I brought PITA to the SPCA and they checked for a microchip, tattoo, anything to ID him. One girl said she was sure he is owned because she has seen him before in October brought in as a stray (I guess he escapes sometimes). They asked me if I wanted to take him home, so I called my boyfriend again and we discussed further and even though I knew I could get him to say yes I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t push it since I know he so scared for the cats. I brought PITA back, registered him, gave a donation, went to my car, called my Mom and cried all the way home LOL. I think the whole experienced drained me and I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know until it was over…. All I could think of what if that was Bruno, would someone risk getting run over for him? Would they feed him his water when he needed it? Would they comfort him when he was scared? Got to love PMS Lol I cried like it was my dog I was bringing to the SPCA. Ill call them later and see if the owner picked him up… poor little pup.
Not surprised that most people behaved like jerks. There is a lot of "angry" out there in our society these days. And good for you for helping this dog.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for helping this little dog!!!

We are still trying to get rid of the fleas that this nice little pomeranian dog left us! We rescued him from running the streets one night a few months back. Thank god I live in a small town and the owner called the local vet looking for her dog(he is the town pound) He was reunited with her the next day.