Dancing with the Stars 2009

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone watching the premiere tonight?

I've never watched this show before but may give it a try this season. Have seen news that Melissa from the Bachelor is going to be on it due to an injury from another contestant that had to back out. Gee, I hope this wasn't Molly's favorite show before...

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Anyone watching the premiere tonight?

I've never watched this show before but may give it a try this season. Have seen news that Melissa from the Bachelor is going to be on it due to an injury from another contestant that had to back out. Gee, I hope this wasn't Molly's favorite show before...
Yes, I'm going to be watching tonight. I guess it's Jewel that had to drop out because I heard she had an injury. This is the only program (the other one being THE CLOSER) that Mom will watch with me!

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I usually just watch some of the show, but since Melissa is going to be on it I plan on watching it. Go Melissa!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love this show! I have watched it every year except the very first
I heard Mary O'dell had to drop out to and that Julianne is going to be partnered with her boyfriend?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I love this show! I have watched it every year except the very first
I heard Mary O'dell had to drop out to and that Julianne is going to be partnered with her boyfriend?
It's Nancy O'Dell

Here is what they are saying:

Melissa Rycroft may not be engaged to 'The Bachelor' star Jason Mesnick, but at least she gets to continue her 15 minutes of fame.
Sources tell PEOPLE that the 'Bachelor' finalist, who was proposed to and then dumped on national TV, will take Nancy O'Dell's spot on 'Dancing With the Stars.'
O'Dell, along with Jewel, pulled out of the ballroom competition due to injuries. Jewel is expected to be replaced by Holly Madison, Hugh Hefner's ex-girlfriend and 'Girls Next Door' star

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dedicated fan here!

Helen has posted what I have heard (Cameron Mathison did a preview for GMA this morning). There are also two new pros - Chelsie Hightower and Dmitry Chaplin. Both are also former contestants from "So You Think You Can Dance" just like Lacey Schwimmer.

Most importantly, Maksim's fans hope Denise Richards can dance so we can watch him all season.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jewel and Ty Murray live in my town. Can't believe she broke BOTH of her legs! I may watch just to see how her hubby does.

Cally

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be watching some of it. It was a long day today, so I'll be going to bed early. And there's so much to tape on Monday nights, between my fiance and me, that I don't have space to tape it on the TV or computer. We watch a lot of TV

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Helen has posted what I have heard (Cameron Mathison did a preview for GMA this morning). There are also two new pros - Chelsie Hightower and Dmitry Chaplin. Both are also former contestants from "So You Think You Can Dance" just like Lacey Schwimmer.
OMG!! That is awesome!! I love So You Think You Can Dance!! it is great that they are showing off the talents of these 2. Dmitry has choreographed a few routines for SYTYCD and they were pretty steamy!

Originally Posted by Bella713

It's Nancy O'Dell

oops!

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have it recording right now! Have to wait until the BF isn't around to watch ("WHY do you watch this mess!?). Hehe.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg I didn't even know Jason had done this to Melissa!! I just saw melissa on dancing with the stars and I was like omg what happened- so i went and found the youtube video of the season finale of the bachelor... wow what a jerk haha...

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought the show was great. Melissa did a great job. I think some of it is due to her cheerleading and ballet background. I wasn't big on Lawrence, Ty, or that Apple computer guy. I enjoyed watching Steve-O. I thought that Shawn was good, too. Its going to be a good season.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched!! This is the second season I've watched and so far looks good!!

I really enjoyed Shawn Johnson's performance. I was wondering if her gymnastic background and age would help or hinder her. I think she did a really great job! Belinda Carslile (sp?) confirmed what I'd wondered in the past; spinning around like that can make you nauseous! I think it's cute that Julianne Hough is dancing with her boyfriend. It should be interesting to watch them try to work together as the weeks progress. Jewel's husband (can't remember his name off the top of my head) was one I was waiting to see too! It's definitely a different world from bull riding!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't stand the apple guy. The way he was acting yuhh like a jester almost and I was like omg please be a tiny bit more serious...
I loved the cowboy though, i forgot his name. He was clumsy but cute and their entire performance was so much fun!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea it was on! Does it come on again tomorrow night? Usually it goes a few days.