We found the bestest kitty box ever!!!

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We found this box in front of a friends thrift store, it comes from a flower shop they ship the flowers in them so they don' get crushed and the kitties LOVE it!!
If you look close at the holes there's my little dog in it too, so far all the animals think this is the BEST box ever!!

Sam ON it getting Boots:

Boots IN it being gotten:

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is it with cats and boxes? I had a box in my kitchen that I had to keep there for months because my boys loved it so. Your two are seriously cute. By the way, I can't spot your dog. Is s/he in the first pic where the pink spots are?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, heck - who needs expensive toys? Boxes with holes and flaps -- and shopping bags!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! Some of the best cat toys are free ones!

I couldn't help but think of the Wizard of Oz ...."and your little dog too!"
Sorry, I'm tired. If my dog could fit in a box it'd be a refrigerator box b/c she's too big!

BTW, Boots and Sam are beautiful!!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Aw, heck - who needs expensive toys? Boxes with holes and flaps -- and shopping bags!
No kidding, AddieBee. When I first got my boys, I went nuts buying them all kinds of toys. Well, catnip and honeysuckle had no effect on them, and they didn't have much interest in chasing after toys. Raven likes his crinkle balls, and Shadow likes his wand toys, and they both like the laser pointer--all for about ten minutes at a time. What do they like best? Boxes and bags. Go figure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by myfamiliars

What is it with cats and boxes? I had a box in my kitchen that I had to keep there for months because my boys loved it so. Your two are seriously cute. By the way, I can't spot your dog. Is s/he in the first pic where the pink spots are?
Yep, those pink spots are her harness, she's our little princess, I've had to kick her out of the box 3 times so the kitties could play in it.

When this one dies I'm going to go to the florist and see if I could get another one, the built in holes are great!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine love boxes too, but I get annoyed after a couple days because they insist on chewing on them & spitting pieces of cardboard all over my floor.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like we could all start a club!

Everyone here loves them too. At one point I just ended up buying a bunch of boxes, cutting them apart and fastening them together to make it extra thick & sturdy. Cut out holes, put in some ribbon & cheap toys to hang from the top.. they loved it and it was really easy. I put on a little top story also, so we had to keep it on carpet in case it toppled over.. which they seemed to have the most fun doing!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

Looks like we could all start a club!

Everyone here loves them too. At one point I just ended up buying a bunch of boxes, cutting them apart and fastening them together to make it extra thick & sturdy. Cut out holes, put in some ribbon & cheap toys to hang from the top.. they loved it and it was really easy. I put on a little top story also, so we had to keep it on carpet in case it toppled over.. which they seemed to have the most fun doing!
That's a great idea, kittybernard. I'll have to see if I can adapt it for my boys. I bet they would love it.

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have had a Mtn Dew box that holds 48 cans in my livingroom for months because Sophie has claimed it as hers. She sleeps in there, plays in there and my son grabs the handle and picks it up and carries her around in it. I call it her redneck cat carrier.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowmmy_Aprile

I have had a Mtn Dew box that holds 48 cans in my livingroom for months because Sophie has claimed it as hers. She sleeps in there, plays in there and my son grabs the handle and picks it up and carries her around in it. I call it her redneck cat carrier.
Redneck carrier! That's funny

I was also thinking only a cat owner could get away with having a soda cardboard box laying around for months.