Artemis?

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple of months ago I emailed a bunch of cat food companies asking for food coupons or samples. I was searching for a good food for Ricky Bobby. Well Artemis sent me a box full of samples, about 20 3 oz sample bags, all the adult formula. Has anyone fed this? The ingredients seem alright? He eats anything, I mixed in a little bit with his current food, and he picked the artemis out first, ate those, and then ate his current food about 30 min later.
He eats both dry and wet. Just wondering what ya'll think of it? Sharky? I know there was some concern about it a couple of years ago because it had garlic, however it doesn't anymore. I just forgot about that box of samples. If it doesn't work out for him I'll probably drop it off at the local shelter, where I got him from, and see if they could use it? Or I have a friend who's hubby just deployed, she has two cats, she's stationed in alaska, has an 18 month old baby and might be expecting again. I'm sure she could use them as well.

Here's the ingredient list:
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Salmon, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Chicken Flavor, Flaxseed, Sodium Bisulfate, Salmon Oil (A Source of DHA), Salmon Meal, Potassium Chloride, Methionine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Dried Chicory Root, Extract, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid, Kelp, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, Carrots, Peas, Apples, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Spinach, Cranberry Powder, Rosemary Extract, Parsley Flake, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-carnitine, Enterococcus Faecieum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Saccharomyces Cerevesiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Like you, I requested a bunch of samples from various companies and recieved a TON of artemis samples. I really liked the ingredients and the cats LOVED it as well. Unfortunately, the dry was too expensive for me to order as their primary dry food (although I did get a really good deal on some 2lb sample sized bags one time) and later I couldn't feed it because it contains fish (I have a UTI-prone cat).

TOTW has similar ingredients, but is grain free and cheaper. My cats loved it as well (can't feed it due to fish content). So that's another brand to check out.

Art

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LayItDown

A couple of months ago I emailed a bunch of cat food companies asking for food coupons or samples. I was searching for a good food for Ricky Bobby. Well Artemis sent me a box full of samples, about 20 3 oz sample bags, all the adult formula. Has anyone fed this? The ingredients seem alright? He eats anything, I mixed in a little bit with his current food, and he picked the artemis out first, ate those, and then ate his current food about 30 min later.
He eats both dry and wet. Just wondering what ya'll think of it? Sharky? I know there was some concern about it a couple of years ago because it had garlic, however it doesn't anymore. I just forgot about that box of samples. If it doesn't work out for him I'll probably drop it off at the local shelter, where I got him from, and see if they could use it? Or I have a friend who's hubby just deployed, she has two cats, she's stationed in alaska, has an 18 month old baby and might be expecting again. I'm sure she could use them as well.

Here's the ingredient list:
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Pearled Barleythis is a cheap lower quality ingredient..also less digestible than its cousin wheat (aka HIGH allergen) , Salmon, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Chicken Flavorcan be nearly anything and include things like msg, Flaxseed, Sodium Bisulfatenormally this is fine but this is HIGH up as most foods have it in the Last 5 ingredients , Salmon Oil (A Source of DHA), Salmon MealOnly pause is the does it or does it not have ethoixaquin, Potassium Chloride, Methionine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Dried Chicory Root, Extract, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid, Kelp, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, Carrots, Peas, Apples, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Spinach, Cranberry Powder, Rosemary Extract can cause tummy issues in some, Parsley Flake, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-carnitine, Enterococcus Faecieum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Saccharomyces Cerevesiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract.
looks good overall