siamese point?

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I've been thinking about it a lot. I know that Yuki is a lynx point siamese, but I'm not sure if she's blue (she has a grey/blue face), or seal (her body and legs are brown). Just curious for others opinions.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very hard to say what color she is from those pics, but looks almost like some kind of a smoke point to me.. What color are her paw pads?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

It's very hard to say what color she is from those pics, but looks almost like some kind of a smoke point to me.. What color are her paw pads?
They are black/really really dark brown. I'd call it black. In fact they are the same colour as her nose.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

They are black/really really dark brown. I'd call it black. In fact they are the same colour as her nose.
That would make her seal.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - hard to tell from this pics - she looks bluepointed in them.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's hard to tell in person too...it's like she has a seal body and a blue point head.
Maybe she's like Mr Potato head?

kerplunq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Yeah, it's hard to tell in person too...it's like she has a seal body and a blue point head.
Maybe she's like Mr Potato head?
Watch it miss, thats my baby
lol

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope, she's definitely not torti...I used to have one, and this girl doesn't have any copper on her at all.

Blue smoke eh? That could be a possibility

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking at pics of Neva Masquarade cats, seal mac tabby point and seal silver are not correct (Nevas have far more accepted point colors than a lot of pointed breeds), doesn't match any of the blues either.
I'm going to say seal smoke tabby point.

Blue smoke on the pointed cats I've seen gets very, very pale when tabby is added to the point colors.
try googling Neva Masquarade (Colorpoint Siberians) and check pictures if/when you find any sites in English.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

my guess is a tortoise point siamese himalayan cross. Regardless it's a BEAUTIFUL cat!
well, she is apparently siamese/himalayan. We'll see if she fluffs more after a month or two on a high quality food.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Looking at pics of Neva Masquarade cats, seal mac tabby point and seal silver are not correct (Nevas have far more accepted point colors than a lot of pointed breeds), doesn't match any of the blues either.
I'm going to say seal smoke tabby point.

Blue smoke on the pointed cats I've seen gets very, very pale when tabby is added to the point colors.
try googling Neva Masquarade (Colorpoint Siberians) and check pictures if/when you find any sites in English.
I think you may be right! I did a search for seal smoke point and there were a bunch of cats that came up darker brown, but also a bunch that came up with that blue/grey on the nose like she does (she also has it on her knees). Thanks

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

nope, she's definitely not torti...I used to have one, and this girl doesn't have any copper on her at all.

Blue smoke eh? That could be a possibility
Tortoiseshell can come in dark colours black/red or light blue/cream

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Tortoiseshell can come in dark colours black/red or light blue/cream
hummm....thanks for the info. I can see where the cream/blue might come from for her but....
Gosh I just don't know! And then there's always the possibility that all this fur is going to grow in differently within a month or two now that she's gone from Friskies to Natural Balance + Authority wet. At least that's what happened to our ragdoll...came in looking like a regular siamese and started fluffing out within a couple months. *shrugs*