Sammy and the Toilet!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, So this is Sammy drinking out of the guestroom toilet... unsure where this behavior comes from, he certainly has enough fresh water of his own!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to say, that's a pretty funny picture
! But that can't be healthy?! You mentioned its the guest room toilet, not sure how often it's used or cleaned
............. I am a freak about toilet seats being down all the time, before one flushes! Basically someone uses the toilet and flushes without the seat down, they are releasing germs and bacteria......And I definitely wouldn't want Maia drinking from water that may have cleaner chemicals in it........

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is why, rather than leaving the toilet in the "lazy man state" (lid and seat up) or the "lazy woman state" (lid up, seat down), it should be left closed. Didn't your mother teach you that?

samlovesba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a funny photo, my kitten doesn't drink out of the toilet, she sits on it and won't let ya use it!! haha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

This is why, rather than leaving the toilet in the "lazy man state" (lid and seat up) or the "lazy woman state" (lid up, seat down), it should be left closed. Didn't your mother teach you that?
My father certainly did, I didn't have a mother growing up. But I have a big kid at home = husband.... who is, well.... a guy.
We do keep the toilets very clean.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats will drink water from anywhere they feel it is okay to drink. I think it's their human moms and dads who do not like the idea.

The toilet lid should be closed all the time and also put a sign in the bathroom asking whoever goes there to please do so after use.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol, sounds like marty. the little stinker decided to drink out of the toilet a few days ago.