New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ashera Cats

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Anyone seen or heard of these? They are part African Cerval, Asian Leopard and regular housecat. They can grow to be 40 lbs and live up to 25 years.

Cost? about 20-28K
post #2 of 16
Many times this has been a topic

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sea...archid=2130653
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by anita1216 View Post
Anyone seen or heard of these? They are part African Cerval, Asian Leopard and regular housecat. They can grow to be 40 lbs and live up to 25 years.

Cost? about 20-28K
Actually the "Snow" ones cost $65,000, and the Royal ones cost $125,000...
They are gorgeous cat though...
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Thanks for the link!!! Sorry, next time I will "search" better
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
This link shows no matches
post #6 of 16
While they might be pretty, they are not a breed, they are nothing more than a designer cat.
In fact there is some dispute as to their true nature, they seem to simply be Savannas.

Caveat emptor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashera
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
While they might be pretty, they are not a breed, they are nothing more than a designer cat.
In fact there is some dispute as to their true nature, they seem to simply be Savannas.

Caveat emptor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashera
I hear this a lot, but: Isn't this way that a breed start? I mean, they don't just pop up from nothing, and become a breed from the gecko...
IMO, it is a breed, and people who have true passion for it can take it forward, and it might get recognition by TICA and CFA one day. Just like the majority of modern breeds...
post #8 of 16
Folks, the Ashera is a scam. A serval will not mate with an ALC.

These are nothing more than Savannahs with ridiculous price tags. The original Savannahs were created using the Serval and Bengal cats. So, yes there is some ALC blood in Savannahs.


However the Ashera is just a big scam, the breed already exisits and it's called a Savannah.

http://ashera-savannah-cat.blogspot.com/

There's much more evidence out there, I just picked a quick link to post here.
post #9 of 16
DNA tests were done on 3 "Ashera cats" and the results showed that they were Savannah Cats which a Savannah breeder had sold and the new owner (the guy who "created" the Asheras) apparently went and sold the cats as Ashera Cats.

Here is an article about this:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/b...9-1b5cats.html


You can find more info on Ashera Cats here:
http://www.messybeast.com/asheras.htm
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Interesting stuff!! I just happened to run across a video of one of these cats and thought I would ask

I was in no way trying to suggest anything. I have no desire to insult good reputable breeders.

Nice to get information from people who have a clue
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
I hear this a lot, but: Isn't this way that a breed start? I mean, they don't just pop up from nothing, and become a breed from the gecko...
IMO, it is a breed, and people who have true passion for it can take it forward, and it might get recognition by TICA and CFA one day. Just like the majority of modern breeds...
TICA already recognizes the Ashera as the Savannah. CFA currently does not recognize any wild hybrids and does not permit them in show halls.
post #12 of 16
I heard it was a scam too, but I wasn't sure whether it applies just to those 3 savannah kittens were sold off as ashera that genetic testing was done for...I got the impression that just that particular case was a scam, not all ashera cats.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisCat View Post
TICA already recognizes the Ashera as the Savannah. CFA currently does not recognize any wild hybrids and does not permit them in show halls.
Fastforward to after reading the news posts about the guy "flipping" the Savannahs as Asheras: Got it - they are Savannahs... There are still controversies about Savannas, as a new breed... But that is the topic for a whole other thread
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbycats View Post
This link shows no matches
type in ashera cats and you ll get results... lol linked worked once and then well
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals View Post
Folks, the Ashera is a scam. A serval will not mate with an ALC.

These are nothing more than Savannahs with ridiculous price tags. The original Savannahs were created using the Serval and Bengal cats. So, yes there is some ALC blood in Savannahs.


However the Ashera is just a big scam, the breed already exisits and it's called a Savannah.

http://ashera-savannah-cat.blogspot.com/

There's much more evidence out there, I just picked a quick link to post here.
Completely agree with that, if you are interested in an "Ashera" cat, look for other breeders that breed Savannahs and you will be getting the same thing, the "Ashera" is just a brand name like Nike or Pepsi and is overpriced because you are paying for a brand-name commodity and I think animals are worth more than that. Look for Savannah breeders instead.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ut0pia View Post
I heard it was a scam too, but I wasn't sure whether it applies just to those 3 savannah kittens were sold off as ashera that genetic testing was done for...I got the impression that just that particular case was a scam, not all ashera cats.
Well, the person who sold those 3 kittens as Ashera cats was the person who "created" the "Ashera cat"... As far as I can tell they are also the only cattery (Lifestyle Pets) selling the supposed Ashera cats... This makes a pretty good case for them being a complete scam, not just those three.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding