Idiots on YouTube

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I see all these cute videos of babies playing with cats, or the owners giving the cats a bath. THEN there are about 5 or six posts about how they are abusing the cats in the video... Are these people for real? THAT is NOT cat abuse. If the cat REALLY didnt want the baby crawling all over it, it would have gone and hid where the baby couldn't find it. I mean come on, its ridiculous.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The internet is full of people who have nothing better to do with their time. It's much worse on music videos - especially some of the types of metal vids I watch. There'll be people specifically going out of their way to say how much they hate said type of music (and much worse), etc.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^The two of you must be watching all the wrong vids then. I have seen good discussions that actually serve some purpose. Band members discussing equipment, fans discussing a genre, and some discussions that go on into philosophy?...

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess we'd be talking about all the nonsense vids that are normally silly
I don't watch it often but when I do it's for fun only. Usually I'm directed to it by a forum thread and not there trying to learn anything.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Personally, I have more better things to worry about then what comments are on Youtube.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely post comments on YouTube. They remind me a lot of the message boards on a major national sports web site that shall remain nameless.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScottF

Okay, I see all these cute videos of babies playing with cats, or the owners giving the cats a bath. THEN there are about 5 or six posts about how they are abusing the cats in the video... Are these people for real? THAT is NOT cat abuse. If the cat REALLY didnt want the baby crawling all over it, it would have gone and hid where the baby couldn't find it. I mean come on, its ridiculous.
Originally Posted by ScottF

This one...

Ummmmmm, I guess I'm an animal abuser then.

Not only do I bath my cat, and it looks and sounds pretty close to that video but *gasp* I even let my infant daughters crawl all over my cat....to the point that Kendra would lay right on top of Gysmo.....15lbs of infant on 15lbs of cat. Yup, the odd time my children would tug on his tail.... And yes, I found it amusing. I didn't have a camera cuz that was 12 yrs ago.... but wish I had. It was so sweet. Kendra would straddle Gysmo, and Gysmo would lay there squished and purring while licking her head

I guess my point is that I don't see what your point is. Nothing wrong with giving a cat a bath, nothing wrong with babies playing with animals.....
and your first post confuses me.

I don't see anything wrong with the link you posted at all....seriously, what's wrong with it?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Ummmmmm, I guess I'm an animal abuser then.

Not only do I bath my cat, and it looks and sounds pretty close to that video but *gasp* I even let my infant daughters crawl all over my cat....to the point that Kendra would lay right on top of Gysmo.....15lbs of infant on 15lbs of cat. Yup, the odd time my children would tug on his tail.... And yes, I found it amusing. I didn't have a camera cuz that was 12 yrs ago.... but wish I had. It was so sweet. Kendra would straddle Gysmo, and Gysmo would lay there squished and purring while licking her head

I guess my point is that I don't see what your point is. Nothing wrong with giving a cat a bath, nothing wrong with babies playing with animals.....
and your first post confuses me.

I don't see anything wrong with the link you posted at all....seriously, what's wrong with it?
I can't see the link (just comes up as a red "x") but I think if you reread his first post he states that he thinks people who "think" this is abuse are idiots. Everyone that has a cat knows that a cat can get away anytime they want too. I think you misread his first post.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I can't see the link (just comes up as a red "x") but I think if you reread his first post he states that he thinks people who "think" this is abuse are idiots. Everyone that has a cat knows that a cat can get away anytime they want too. I think you misread his first post.
ahhhhhhh.....gotcha... Thanks. If that is true then I did intend misread his post.... it was very confusing..my apologies
Thx for explaining it too me.

The video he posted:
I don't know where the idea that the above video is abuse?????? It's not titled anything to do with abuse, its not showing abuse? Yah some of the comments are retarded but I don't pay attention to them anyways.

Is that what the OP is refering to? The comments?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

ahhhhhhh.....gotcha... Thanks. If that is true then I did intend misread his post.... it was very confusing..my apologies
Thx for explaining it too me.

The video he posted:
I don't know where the idea that the above video is abuse?????? It's not titled anything to do with abuse, its not showing abuse? Yah some of the comments are retarded but I don't pay attention to them anyways.

Is that what the OP is refering to? The comments?
yeah, the idiots show themselves in the comments. I saw that one (or one similar) a few months ago and in the comments some people think its "abuse" to bath your cat because they can wash themselves and are afraid of water.
I guess they didn't get to know my Corky who LOVED to jump in the toilet every chance she got when she was a kitten. And yes, she got a bath afterwards every time, and yes DH DID learn to put down both toilet seats!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I guess they didn't get to know my Corky who LOVED to jump in the toilet every chance she got when she was a kitten. And yes, she got a bath afterwards every time, and yes DH DID learn to put down both toilet seats!
Shame your DH had to learn that way but what a one in a million kinda guy!

Sorry, off topic

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most if not all sites that allow open commenting like that are bound to attract dumb comments.

I find Yahoo Answers to be more entertaining. Some of the questions people ask...