I can't believe I'm not hungry!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cooked a pork roast with roasted baby potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. I put it in the oven around 1 pm at 350 degrees. About an hour late I turned the heat down to 300 degrees because I wanted to have a nap. The roast is now done and it smells scrumptious! But I'm not hungry anymore
Not even a little bit

Guess I'll let it cook, package it into dinners and have some tomorrow for lunch or dinner.

Anyone else ever find that they don't have an appetite after cooking dinner?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only do that when I have a stuffed up nose and can't smell the food cooking. Otherwise I get hungry even at the grocery store walking by the bakery or deli ... all those great smells wafting by

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You mean you're NOT going to offer us any?! HMPH!

For me it's more of a "bleh" feeling that will make not want to eat.. if that even makes any sense?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on when I'm cooking. Lunch and later at night I'm more likely to actually eat, I rarely eat supper. So yes, if at supper time I'm cooking and have had a meal already that day, I won't be hungry enough to eat. If I skipped lunch I'll actually be able to eat.

This is mostly an appetite problem for me and is the reason that I cannot gain or sometimes even maintain my weight. My mother is the same way.

But leftovers always make a simple meal for later and nothing goes to waste with DH around.