Starting to realize how lucky I am...

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...that my cats sleep through the night, every night.

They wake up when they hear the alarm go off in the morning and start begging. After they eat, they come back to bed for more cuddling if we're still asleep.

The only annoyance is that ALL THREE sleep in the bed with us. It is sweet and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm constantly re-adjusting my sleeping position to make room for them (because what's the point in kicking them off, they'll just be back)!

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, I am always wedged in bed with three cats
but I am also lucky they mostly do sleep through the night.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tallulah

I know how you feel, I am always wedged in bed with three cats
but I am also lucky they mostly do sleep through the night.
Nice in the winter.

phillygal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are lucky. We have an "early morning cat" who likes to wake up at 4:30 every morning!
Not for food - although he will eat it if offered - just because he wants to play! But he is a major cuddler and otherwise sweet and I know he will outgrow this phase. Soon, we hope!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by anjhest

...that my cats sleep through the night, every night.

They wake up when they hear the alarm go off in the morning and start begging. After they eat, they come back to bed for more cuddling if we're still asleep.

The only annoyance is that ALL THREE sleep in the bed with us. It is sweet and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm constantly re-adjusting my sleeping position to make room for them (because what's the point in kicking them off, they'll just be back)!
We have the same luck although at times when getting into bed, they fight for the right of who gets to sleep where.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine usually sleep thru the night also. They will get up once and a while to eat dry food or to use the litterbox but they always go back to sleep afterwards. Monster doesnt sleep with me, he usually sleeps with my bf's parents, and every morning at like 5:30 he wakes bfs mom up by kneading her chest and purring. But Mittens will come upstairs and sleep with me if i prop the door to get upstairs open. When she is sleeping with me, she stays there all night, gets up to pee or eat, comes back. Once and a while she will wake up and come up to me and stand on my chest purring. I wake up pet her and love her til she goes back down and curls up by my feet.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jake wakes me up at 4:30 most mornings. The way he does it- he will usually bring one of his toys on my bed and start kicking the toy right next to me and I usually get a few of the kicks or he will knock some hard object to the floor (its hardwood) and will start chasing it, making a really loud noise...I am becoming more and more sleep deprived because of this, because I usually wake up with him at 4:30 and just snooze until about 7 when it's time for me to wake up. So that snoozing isn't exactly the deep sleep that I need. ...
You are VERY lucky!! You have some very considerate kitties

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the one waking my kitties up at 4am when I get up
In winter Farley meows at me and stays under the covers until playtime & breakfast once I'm ready for work.

They've always been very good at night even when young kittens, I've always given them a long play session before bed and at least twice during the day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You know what? Maybe my cats DO try to wake me up at 4:30am but I'm so comatose that they just give up!

But seriously, i don't know how you guys can stand it. I'm pretty darn sure I wouldn't have 3 cats if the first one had a case of the night crazies...actually I probably would. I'd just be very, very tired and cranky all the time.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by anjhest

actually I probably would. I'd just be very, very tired and cranky all the time.
I know nothing can stop a cat lover from having cats

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by PhillyGal

You are lucky. We have an "early morning cat" who likes to wake up at 4:30 every morning!
Not for food - although he will eat it if offered - just because he wants to play! But he is a major cuddler and otherwise sweet and I know he will outgrow this phase. Soon, we hope!
Yeah, good luck with that one.
My cats like to play between midnight an 1:00 AM, then again around 4:30 or 5:00. Fortunately, they usually just hop off the bed and go play with each other in the other room.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pip's been a night time sleeper since we started feeding him later in the evening - before then though, he would just walk around the house meowing until someone woke up to give him some attention - all negative of course because it was normally my partner who would shout "shut up scatty catty, daddy needs to sleep!" and that would be enough to reassure Pip that we were still alive and shouldn't worry and then he'd come back to bed !

Now we have Milly (it's only been 7 days since I got her) and she's already settling down to sleep when we go up to bed at about 11. She's a big mover in her sleep - She'll move from one spot to another in her sleep - so I tend to keep waking up to check on her and then moving her away from my partner who if he feels movement in the bed will lash out (I'm used to being bashed on the arm or leg or sometimes my head but for a little kitty, this could be rather dangerous!). I'm loosing massive hours of sleep but she's well worth the sleep deprevation!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I wish all 3 slept with us at night.

Henry sleeps in his own bedroom because he's basically still a kitten and would drive us nuts. Chloe always sleeps on the foot of the bed, in the same spot, leaning against my SO's legs. Mattie usually, but not always, sleeps in one of our dresser drawers (the drawer above it is missing/broken, creating a little hideaway for her).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Five or six of the seven usually sleep with us, though we did "cheat" and put up a cat bed RIGHT next to the bed at bed height to help provide more room!
I also pull one of the pillows off my pile and scooch down on the bed so there's room over my head for one of them.

Of course none of ours sleep through the night - I just usually sleep through most of the "readjusting" as they play "musical sleeping places on the bed."

However, since adopting Billy (just this past November) it's gotten more difficult to sleep through the night. He likes to announce his every move ("I'm getting on the bed now," "I'm leaving the bed now," "I'm coming into the bedroom," "I'm leaving the bedroom," and as we have bowls of food and water in the bedroom.. "I'm going to drink water now," and "I'm going to eat now." ...and let's not forget, "Shelly [fill in any cat name] is looking at me," or "Flowerbelle [or fill in any cat name] wants my place." ).

Finally there is Flowerbelle, our deaf cat, to contend with. She's not mute, but as she can't hear herself talk, she "talks" with her paws. Which is often a paw in the eye at 3:00am. We have to make sure to keep her nails clipped so that neither of us has to deal with her new line of "cat scratch on the face" make up.

Laurie

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Because this was the 'spring forward' weekend, I lost sleep time on Saturday night, so after church and lunch, I laid down on the bed for a nap. I had a furry lump curled up next to me most of the PM.