Just a Couple Questions

samlovesba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, first of all my kitty loves to play with toilet paper, I've tried a lot of stuff to have her quit, but she won't. I've sprayed her with water and she just looks at me like, "do it again and I'll attack!" haha.

Second, my kitten doesn't sleep AT ALL during the night, she lays on my face and licks it then sleeps all day. I try to keep her up, but she still ends up laying on my face at night licking me.

Third, I have 2 cats and my older cat Fizzle (1yr) refuses to use the litter box now. Fizzle has been using this box since she was a kitten, and when BA moved in Fizzle let her use her litter box. (There's only one litter box in the house) BA still uses it, but now Fizzle won't. This is a recent change might I add, BA & Fizzle have been using the same box for 4 months now, and Fizzle refuses to use it starting almost 2 weeks ago!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Time to add a second litter box. Even when cats are willing to share you need more than one.

I don't know what to tell you about the kitty staying awake all night. Cats are naturally nocturnal animals, but mine usually only play for 2 or 3 hours at night. Can you shut her out of your room? Maybe somebody else will have some ideas.

I've never figured out the toilet paper thing, either. I just leave a partial roll on the holder for the kitties and keep an unshredded roll in the cabinet that I pull out each time I need it.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamLovesBA

Okay, first of all my kitty loves to play with toilet paper, I've tried a lot of stuff to have her quit, but she won't. I've sprayed her with water and she just looks at me like, "do it again and I'll attack!" haha.
Here's what I did. Take a clean and empty 2 litter pop bottle and cut the ends off. Then cut down the side and round off the corners. It should fit nicely over the TP roll and keep Ba from mangeling it. Eventually she should lose interest. But, with this method, you can leave it on the roll and still use it with out her destroying it.

Second, my kitten doesn't sleep AT ALL during the night, she lays on my face and licks it then sleeps all day. I try to keep her up, but she still ends up laying on my face at night licking me.
She's a kitten... I hate to say it but get used to it. Wickett still wakes me up in th early morning because he's awake and bored and he's 4. Try to play really hard with her before bed and that might help. Or you could shut her out but then she might just sit outside and cry. Oh, the joys of a kitten!

Third, I have 2 cats and my older cat Fizzle (1yr) refuses to use the litter box now. Fizzle has been using this box since she was a kitten, and when BA moved in Fizzle let her use her litter box. (There's only one litter box in the house) BA still uses it, but now Fizzle won't. This is a recent change might I add, BA & Fizzle have been using the same box for 4 months now, and Fizzle refuses to use it starting almost 2 weeks ago!
Yup, time for a second box. This is something you want to correct ASAP before it become habit... trust me... I know. Frankie is still hit/miss when it comes to using the box but I'm lucky that Wickett LOVES the litter box and hasn't picked up her bad habit.