Registration Question

darling poodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've registered dogs and horses but I've never had a registered cat before so this is a first for me. I received Luna's TICA and CFA papers today and I've got a question.
As I'm sure you know, they both ask for 2 name choices. My question is, what happens if TICA picks choice #1 and CFA picks choice #2 ? Do you usually get your first choice?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never given a second choice on names for the cat. I make them unique and am pretty sure they have not been used. As long as the cattery has not used the name you choose, you can more/less use anything and it will be ok.

I haven't had a rejection of names

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darling poodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always try to make my names pretty unique so that shouldn't be a problem. I just made me wonder if they are pretty picky since it asked for two names. I always overthink things, lol, and I hate sending stuff in and then having problems with it so I figured I would ask to be on the safe side.
Thanks guys!

darling poodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

They took the name for Cleo without any problem.
What name have you picked?
I haven't decided yet but I'll let you know when I do

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time I gave a 2nd and 3rd choice was when I was picking out my future cattery name. They wound up taking the 2nd choice names cause the first one apparently was too close to another cattery. But cats names have been no problem with just putting down one choice.

I'd cross off your 2nd choice names.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

The only time I gave a 2nd and 3rd choice was when I was picking out my future cattery name. They wound up taking the 2nd choice names cause the first one apparently was too close to another cattery. But cats names have been no problem with just putting down one choice.

I'd cross off your 2nd choice names.
That is interesting you said some thing about the cattery name being too close to another. I was given my first choice of my cattery name but... it is VERY close to another cattery name. In fact when I first came here I had a nasty person (involved with raggamuffins) be very rude to me and acuse me of sealing breeding rights to one of his minks, I have never seen a mink in person, and wouldn't breed them, I was only working with traditional lines. I told him I didn't know any thing about minks, and he said I was a lier and sent a picture of a cat with my cattery name on it, and ask me if she rang a bell, he really didn't believe me that I wasn't that other cattery either, another breeder even tried to tell him. but when I took a second look I saw that the name was different but at a first glance we can really be mistaken for one another, and I have been mistaken for once after that as well. They have one letter that I don't and two letters are swaped, but other that that they are pretty close.

darling poodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Luna is doing great!
I had her spayed a couple of weeks ago and she is already healed, it never even fazed her. I love her to death

Thanks for the info guys, I'll just send in one name then. Now I just have to come up with a name......

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can help yo pick a name.
I got Cleos name from Nial.
I only had Cleopatra.
Since your cats name is Luna maybe go with something to do with space or the moon.

darling poodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of calling her "Naked As A Luna Bird" for some reason I've always called her Luna Bird and that name plays off of the saying "naked as a jay bird"
What do you think?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds cool - be sure with the cattery name that you count all letters and spaces and hopefully it will not be too long.