Jack plays fetch--he wants you to see his talent!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most people don't believe that Jack plays fetch, but he's played since he was a baby. I've never been able to get it on video until yesterday. So here are two videos of him fetching--he's fetching a lindor truffle wrapper...he'll fetch just about anything, in fact today he brought him the toilet paper roll to throw for him...I don't think so son!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/cinderella19/?action=view&current=MVI_4313.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/cinderella19/?action=view&current=MVI_4311.flv

Leslie

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I believe you. I have seen cats before that fetch! He's adorable! I like the other cat's reaction... his tail gets puffed up and he runs too.. but doesn't get the fetch part of it!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoey plays fetch! It's so fun to play fetch with them!!

Jack plays fetch really good!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!

Jack gets visibly upset when Harley runs too! Harley will like hold the item being fetched hostage. I'll throw, they'll both run and then I'll see Harley in the hall with the item in front of him and Jack just looking at him with this face that says "you will give me that or you'll sleep with one eye open tonight"

Leslie

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you just crack up when they do this!!!!! Maia is a fetcher, she has her favorite fetch toys, especially as she has matured (in her words!)....... I have some picture of her fetching as a kitten....

This is her full full run, puma face, bringing back her favorite, to this day, string toy!

Those were the days when I could catch her on camera! These days, She will fetch when she is in the mood, and often if I toss her favorite string, I will find it later or the next day some where in my path!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby Bonnie is a "fetcher," too. She just started one day a few weeks ago, and now I wake up almost every morning to find her sitting beside me with a toy she wants me to throw for her.

Isn't it fun?

miamaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahaha I love it!!
It's cute how he will sit down after he drops the toy and wait. Mia plays fetch but she will bring it back to random places that are in my vicinity, but usually not right to me.. she hasn't quite figured that out yet

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MiaMaria

Hahaha I love it!!
It's cute how he will sit down after he drops the toy and wait. Mia plays fetch but she will bring it back to random places that are in my vicinity, but usually not right to me.. she hasn't quite figured that out yet
This is like my Raven. He will fetch, but only bring it to where HE wants it to go. It's not that he doesn't understand the concept of fetch; he just prefers to redefine it to his liking. Besides, it's more fun (it seems) to make ME fetch his crinkly toy so I can throw it again.

cheylink, those pics of baby Maia dragging along toys that are longer than she is are hysterical.

Leslie, so Harley likes to drive his brother crazy, eh? What a surprise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the great comments!

We get a real kick out of Jack's playing fetch--and its great exercise for him!

He's very particular about returning his item--he always brings it right to us and sits--and because he is so worried about the item we can scratch his tummy (which he never allows any other time).

Yeah Harley likes to pester him--but Jack is the alpha.

Leslie

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That video is so stinkin' cute!

My boy cats will fetch when they feel like it. Or, they'll just bring me a toy and stare at me until I throw it!