avoderm vs. royal canin

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats had been eating science diet c/d because one of them, damian, my old man, had urine crystals. well, sadly damian went out one day and never came back
none of my 3 remaining are allowed outside. the 3 are all about a year and a half old. since damian is no longer with us i certainly don't have to continue feeding the prescription diet. so i went back to nutro natural choice but max won't eat it, he sits there trying to bury it (what he does when he doesn't like something). so right now i'm trying two different brands (avoderm and royal canin) in two locations of the house and seeing which disappears first, going on the assumption that the one they like best will be gone first (those locations have always had food available to them that isn't new). well, it appears they will all eat both, but seem to prefer the avoderm right now. i have seen max try to bury the royal canin but he will still eat it. i haven't witnessed him burying the avoderm but i'm also not in the location where that is all that much. all three were facinated with the smell of the royal canin.
so if it seems they like both, my question is, which one is the better food. the avoderm is cheaper. my requirements for the food is that it is available at petsmart and comes in at least 20 pound bags and of course that it is quality. i don't want to feed any brand that is available in the grocery store as normally they are of lesser quality. for wet food i feed them meow mix with the occassional wellness pouch. of course i am open to other suggestions if there is something better than avoderm or royal canin. my petsmart does not sell chicken soup (i see that mentioned a lot here).thanks for the help!

karen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
right now i'm trying the royal canin indoor adult. i don't really care that's it's indoor, i just wanted a regular adult food. the avoderm is AvoDerm Natural Chicken & Herring Meal Formula
Adult Food

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by karebearcasey

right now i'm trying the royal canin indoor adult. i don't really care that's it's indoor, i just wanted a regular adult food. the avoderm is AvoDerm Natural Chicken & Herring Meal Formula
Adult Food
the indoor formulas are often higher in fiber - but i checked all of the adult formulas, & they're all very similar, except for the 'indoor beauty' & the special 33.

kody's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you were interested in Chicken Soup it is usually sold at hardware stores or "feed & seed" stores. You could go to their website and input your zipcode to pull up stores near you.

Anne

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Avoderm is a better choice because of the price. I think they're pretty equal in quality, but RC is about 3 times the price