Back from the vet.

kerplunq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I brought Yuki in for her first time to the vet. I got her spayed and her shots. We arrived at 8:30am, and where going over what we were getting done, when we asked for them not to included the leukemia shot, they actually gave us a bit of hassle. After us explaining our reasons why and a bit of argument, all was set up. I was told to give them a call around 2:30.

When 2:45pm rolled around I gave a call, I was then told that she was just getting into surgery then. :O I wasn't too impressed, but I understand they could of had some emergencies. (After all, they were the vet office that the SPCA used for their animals in the area) I was then told to call around 3:45.

So 3:45pm came and I wanted to know how my baby was doing, (I was starting to get anxious) And then I got told about the complications with her spay.
Seems that while they were pulling out the Uterus, it snapped on them and they had to increase the size of the insistion, and get a help removing it. I think my heart sunk deep into my stomach after hearing that. yuki is a very tiny cat, weighing in only at 6.3pounds. Also she had to stay over night, which kept me worrying most the night.

Well today at 9:35am we went to pick her up. Everyone in the office thought she was the prettiest kitty there
We did not get any pain meds, which was kinda wierd to me, but she was just happy to be getting home. She was all about the lovin's once we got home. Thank god I only have to do that once with her!!!!!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should have gave her pain meds.
All my cats got them.
Also they should have not gave you a problem over that shot.
My cats do not get that shot and never will again.
I hope your cat feels better.
I also do not like that gave her shots the same day she was fixed.
My vet likes to wait .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kerplunq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess its a Canadian thing. I called around before choosing the one I went to. Seems that no where in my area likes to give pain meds. I guess I would pull a stink to get some, but we'll see what she's like. They just gave her a 24hour shot that was an antibiotic with pain meds before her leaving... so that should help her out

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kerplunq

I guess its a Canadian thing. I called around before choosing the one I went to. Seems that no where in my area likes to give pain meds. I guess I would pull a stink to get some, but we'll see what she's like. They just gave her a 24hour shot that was an antibiotic with pain meds before her leaving... so that should help her out
none of mine ever got them. all were spayed as kittens, like Yuki - & were usually running around like nothing had happened the very next day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kerplunq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the next day she was out and about. She was almost like nothing happend, super happy to be with us in the room. But she did have a bit of a hard time jumping on the bed
So we put some boxes around so she can used them like a step on to the bed. Seemed to work great. She was super affectionate, which made me feel better.