Question Of The Day, Wednesday - March 4th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning! I was getting ready to go to a doctor appointment, but they just called and cancelled me. Seems the doctor is off doing a C-section. Whew! Dodged that bullet for another two weeks!!!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

Have you ever lied about your age?

Back when the drinking age was 18, and I was 16 years old, I had a fake ID that I could use to get into bars and clubs. It looked pretty real, and I never got busted. Since then I've never needed, nor wanted to lie about my age. Um....there's a reason I look like this....I'm almost 50 frickin' years old!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Have you ever lied about your age?!
Not since I was a teenager not old enough to go into night clubs. Once I turned 18 though, I've never lied about my age, at least not seriously. I used to joke that with each of my birthdays I was turning "29", but that was only in jest. I don't mind telling people my age. We all get older so why try and hide it?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only when I got married

My fake ID and I said I was 18....I was only 16

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The need has never arisen, so no, and I don't know whether I would have or not, but I don't think so.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Online yes, to buy something or whatever, no. Friends and I would make up people in chat rooms with different ages and locations and pictures.

But in real life, never lied about my age. I was always too chicken to try and buy alcohol at a restaurant even if they hadn't carded anyone else at the table! I look about 5-6 years younger than I am, so I figured they'd pick me to card! (Rob's always looked older). Now that I'm 22, I don't have to lie about my age anyway

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never lied about my age. A lot of people think I am lying when I tell them I am 22 though. Most people think I am anywhere from 14 to 18. I once had a guy come up to me and ask if I was engaged. When I said yes he said that it was disguisting and I look like I am not even in high school yet.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was around 5-7 years old I wanted to request a song on the radio so I had my mom look up the number and I called them. Once they heard the song title that I was suggesting, they giggled and asked me how old I was. I thought you had to be 18 to request a song so I told them I was 18. They started laughing hysterically. lol

Other than that, no. I've never really had the need to.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had to. I don't drink, smoke, or really do anything (I'm a very boring person). I was already passed 18 when they enacted the law here about cold medicines - though usually when I need them I've sent someone else off to buy them anyways.

When people see me they assume I'm younger than I am - I've had someone think I was 16-17... last year. I'll be 26 in a few weeks.
When people hear me, without seeing me, they assume I'm older due to how I speak and my voice. They also tend to think I was born and raised in a northern state...

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never had a need. Back when I was in college, I had a military ID and the bouncers at clubs would let me in, even though I was under 21. I don't think I was ever turned away. Now that I'm older, there's really no reason to lie. Even if I were to lie and subtract 5 years from my real age, people would still tell me I look young for my age.
Looking young isn't particularly important for a guy anyway (if anything I've found the opposite to be true) so I'd be hard pressed to think of a good reason to lie.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Have you ever lied about your age?
Of course! DW and I met on the internet and I can tell you that all the women I met lied about their age and I lied about my age.

P.S., DW did not lie about her age.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I have. Of course, the more wedding anniversaries we celebrate the more I tell people that I was only 9 y/o when I got married.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't lied about my age since I was finally 21, but I have definitely avoided it! I dated a few guys that were younger then me, and if became long term, they were shocked when they found out!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to in chat rooms because nobody would take me seriously if they knew how young I was. I have never felt the need to lie about it in real life.

However - since my last birthday when I turned 22 (last July) I have been having an awful problem with saying my age. It's not that I have any problem with being 22 but for some wierd reason whenever somebody asks it just pops into my head that I'm either 21 or 23, it varies. So thats what I automatically say, and then stop and correct myself and say oh wait no, I'm 22. I get strange looks.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
nope, never have. I thought about it quite a few times when i turned 30, everytime at the club someone would ask me my age and im like uhhhh..30..and they are like OMG! but i dont care anymore cause i know alot of people alot older than me that are still going out clubbing.

Everyone always says i look younger but i still think they are just being nice. I just bought my 1st jar of this anti wrinkle cream, i figure if i start now i should be good to go. It has retin-a in it, wich is supposed to be a really good ingredient for firming the face and smoothing out fine wrinkles.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

Everyone always says i look younger but i still think they are just being nice. I just bought my 1st jar of this anti wrinkle cream, i figure if i start now i should be good to go. It has retin-a in it, wich is supposed to be a really good ingredient for firming the face and smoothing out fine wrinkles.
If you're truly worried there are some things that help. Don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't go crazy with alcohol, tanning is bad - UVA & B rays damage skin and age it very fast, eat well, and exercise. In other words, take care of yourself inside as well as out.

I have an aunt who has always taken very good care of herself. I believe she's soon to be turning 49 or 50? She's always looked about 20 years younger than she is.
My mother doesn't quite look her age, but tanning and smoking has aged her some - so a person's guess may only be 5-6 years off.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I always thought that was a silly vain thing to do. I am what I am. And frankly, I do FEEL my age even if I don't LOOK my age. And I do have a youthful attitude.