Just Taxi Cat

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For some reason I have more pictures of 4-year-old Taxi Cat than I do of my other 2 cats, whom I've had for almost 12 years! Oh, well.

miamaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha it's ok to have a favorite cat! Your photography is beautiful, what great lighting and composition.. and of course Taxi is a perfect little subject

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats are like that! I have a bazillion more pics of Fawn than of any other cat, past or present, because she's a ham and will ALWAYS stay still for pictures -- sometimes even will insert herself into someone else's photo shoot
-- that is, unless there's SCB (Serious Cat Business) to be tended elsewhere, which of course preempts any human endeavour!

Taxi is gorgeous!
I especially love the last two shots!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say, from the photos, that you have more of Taxi because he's a character!

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well he *is* very photogenic, so that probably explains a lot.

Also, you're very brave to work on jigsaw puzzles with a cat around. The last one I tried was ~90% complete when Promise jumped on top of it. The slick feel of the pieces must have freaked her out because she started running. Only she didn't move - she stayed in place and the puzzle slowly slid out behind her onto the floor. It was so funny to see I couldn't possibly have been mad at her, but the puzzle didn't ever get put back together.

EDIT: BTW, why is he called Taxi Cat? Something to do with where he was originally found? I was half expecting to see a cat carrying passengers around when I clicked on the link.

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What I love is the combination of his quote in the siggy and the cat in the box.. it made me giggle.

And taxi is lovely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I would say, from the photos, that you have more of Taxi because he's a character!
This is true. He is always doing something worth photographing!

Originally Posted by Grogs

Also, you're very brave to work on jigsaw puzzles with a cat around. The last one I tried was ~90% complete when Promise jumped on top of it. The slick feel of the pieces must have freaked her out because she started running. Only she didn't move - she stayed in place and the puzzle slowly slid out behind her onto the floor. It was so funny to see I couldn't possibly have been mad at her, but the puzzle didn't ever get put back together.
Well, the puzzle in the picture was destroyed a few times by Minka, who jumped on the table only to go sliding across with the puzzle. But we did finally finish it, although 2 pieces were missing! They probably got stuck to Taxi's butt.

Originally Posted by Grogs

EDIT: BTW, why is he called Taxi Cat? Something to do with where he was originally found? I was half expecting to see a cat carrying passengers around when I clicked on the link.
My favorite musician is Tori Amos. I started thinking about my favorite songs/lyrics and the song "Taxi" came to mind. Then I though of "Taxi Cat," which sounds like "Taxi Cab" and it just stuck!

Originally Posted by Xulili

What I love is the combination of his quote in the siggy and the cat in the box.. it made me giggle.
LOL, I didn't even notice that!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't you say somewhere that Taxi is an Abyssinian?

He's a cutie - and a curious boy - you can see it in his face!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Didn't you say somewhere that Taxi is an Abyssinian?
I think he has some Aby in him (head shape, personality, coat marking, but not the ears)...at least that's what I hear every time I take him to the vet!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Taxi Cat is truly stunning. Post more pics, please.

P.S. I, too, love the fact that the last pic is of him in a box, while the signature has that quote about boxes. Perfect.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now that's a pretty face!

I do the same & take way more pictures of Johnboy than any of the others. He is the most into it!