His terms

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats, like Oliver, require attention on their own terms. For instance, petting is allowed first thing in the morning, upon returning to the house, when he is lying down, and in the bathroom. Petting may or may not be allowed while he is eating. Petting is usually not allowed most other times.

On the other hand, as long as there are no visitors, causing Tripod to hide under the bed (with the exception of 2 friends who he likes), Tripod enjoys petting any time.

What kind of rules do your cats have?

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Johnboy is very strict about affection shown towards him.
If he had a list, I would imagine it would go something like..

1. No other person is allowed to touch me except for Meowmy.
2. DO NOT PICK ME UP.
3. DO NOT KISS ME.
4. DO NOT PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND ME.
5. YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME 90% OF THE TIME.

And yet on the same paw.. he is very open and engaging in sharing affection. Loves cuddles with me at night, sleeps on top of me, loves his face rubs/scratches, etc.

What a silly.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mony's laws:

1. Whenever you are lying down or sitting, I am allowed to walk on you and sit wherever I want. I may also rub my wet face on any part of you.

2. Do not talk in any room in which I am sleeping.

3. Your keyboard isn't for typing, it is for walking on.

4. Do not touch my belly or I will eat you.

5. When you are in the bathroom, there is no time for you to relieve yourself. Turn on the faucet so I can play in it.

I am SO not in charge here.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have a lil of everything with mine

Kricket you can pet whenever but she will get in your face when she wants lots of petting.

Worm wants all the petting in the world except only I am allowed to do so. He lets me squeeze him and kiss him but do not put him on his back and touch his hind feet....he growls and then i just rub his belly to hear an even grumpier growl.......i love it

Possum is the cat that when you try to pet he slinks lower and lower. He does like pettings when I walk in the door, he bounces up to rub against you hand but he is one of the most independent cats I have. It is all on his terms.

Sloth is another Worm but worse....he has to rub every part of his body against your face including his butt. He does also let my DH to pet and cuddle him too, he loves everybody.

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Schweppie's rules:
1. Only pet me if I ask for it.
2. If it's okay to pet me, only rub my head.
3. If it's okay to pet my head, scratch on the side of my head.
4. If it's okay to scratch the side of my head, don't stop until I tell you to stop.
5. Don't pick me up.
6. Feed me when I tell you to.

Little Guy's rules:
1. Rub me, hug me, kiss me, gimme all your lovin'...
2. I'll tell you when I'm hungry but you can't make me eat it all.
3. If you're eating Alpha-Bits, why can't I eat Alpha-bits?
4. I will show you how to use your laptop...here I will lie right on top of it!
5. Those strings on your pj's are MINE! ONLY MINE!
6. That white fluffy thing you call a dog is MINE! ONLY MINE! I'll show her who's the boss by pinning her down even though she's twice my size!
7. Those rolls of paper you have in the bathroom? MINE! ONLY MINE! They need to be shredded to tiny pieces. It's fun to watch you try and pick them all up!
8. When you come near me, I will plop down and show you my belly. You are to rub my belly incessantly. And you are to tell me you love me over and over again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

And yet on the same paw.. he is very open and engaging in sharing affection. Loves cuddles with me at night, sleeps on top of me, loves his face rubs/scratches, etc.

What a silly.
Oliver is like that too!

Originally Posted by Devanagara

I am SO not in charge here.
I don't think any of us are!
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Here are Cammy's:

1. Pet me all the time.
Sounds like Tripod!

Originally Posted by FootersOwnsMe

Possum is the cat that when you try to pet he slinks lower and lower. He does like pettings when I walk in the door, he bounces up to rub against you hand but he is one of the most independent cats I have. It is all on his terms.
Sounds like he and Oliver went to the same school.

Originally Posted by SweetPea24

Schweppie's rules:
1. Only pet me if I ask for it.
2. If it's okay to pet me, only rub my head.
3. If it's okay to pet my head, scratch on the side of my head.
4. If it's okay to scratch the side of my head, don't stop until I tell you to stop.
5. Don't pick me up.
6. Feed me when I tell you to.
Oliver would second these rules.

Originally Posted by SweetPea24

Little Guy's rules:
1. Rub me, hug me, kiss me, gimme all your lovin'...
2. I'll tell you when I'm hungry but you can't make me eat it all.
5. Those strings on your pj's are MINE! ONLY MINE!
8. When you come near me, I will plop down and show you my belly. You are to rub my belly incessantly. And you are to tell me you love me over and over again.
And Little Guy sounds a lot like Tripod!

These kitties are all so funny! They have us wrapped right atound their little paw.