Hello from Aurora, Ontario

goosegoose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone

It's nice to finally join a cat forum. This will be the first one and I do hope that I will be able to meet plenty of other people here who love cats as much as I do.

I have about three cats. A 7 year old Male Black cat, a 10 year old female Black and White cat and a 1 year old Calico.

My male cat does have Crystals though
He's on a special food called Urinary SO and so far it seems to be working well for him. I have not done the surgery for him yet, because it will cost around 1000$. He seems to be fine right now so I am hoping he will not need it for a while yet.

My 10 year old cat has arthritis, she's about 18 pounds and I am trying to figure out how to put her on a diet. She is taking some pills for the arthritis though... So hopefully she'll feel a bit better.

My 1 year old cat is full of energy and is a lot of fun. She does get into trouble though...but that is why we named her "Lucy" after ' I love Lucy' Which is my moms favorite show.

I would at some point like to get a fourth cat, but I have a friend that is allergic to cats, and my worry is that if I get one more she probably will not be able to come over anymore?

I would love to show you pictures, but I have no idea how to do it. I am also confused on how to get an avatar up?

But anyways, that's a little bit about my cats. I have always owned cats and I would never be able to live without them. My favorite breed though would have to be the American Black Short hair.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GooseGoose

Hi Everyone

It's nice to finally join a cat forum. This will be the first one and I do hope that I will be able to meet plenty of other people here who love cats as much as I do.

I have about three cats. A 7 year old Male Black cat, a 10 year old female Black and White cat and a 1 year old Calico.
Hi and Welcome from another Ontarian
(I'm outside of London).

My male cat does have Crystals though
He's on a special food called Urinary SO and so far it seems to be working well for him. I have not done the surgery for him yet, because it will cost around 1000$. He seems to be fine right now so I am hoping he will not need it for a while yet.
Sorry to hear that. I would suggest posting your situation in the health forum because alot of people have gone through this, and I don't think they've all gone for the surgery.

If you do end up doing the surgery, call around to different vets....alot of them have different rates. Try calling the vet school in Guelph, you may get a discounted rate for students....

My 10 year old cat has arthritis, she's about 18 pounds and I am trying to figure out how to put her on a diet. She is taking some pills for the arthritis though... So hopefully she'll feel a bit better.
Again, great topic for the health forum. Your vet can discuss with you how to put her on a diet, IF she needs a diet. How did her arthritis get diagnosed?

Glucosimine is great for helping with arthritis in both animals and humans. Personally, my dog has arthritis in her hips and a year after I started treating her with G, there was some recovery with it.

My 1 year old cat is full of energy and is a lot of fun. She does get into trouble though...but that is why we named her "Lucy" after ' I love Lucy' Which is my moms favorite show.

I would at some point like to get a fourth cat, but I have a friend that is allergic to cats, and my worry is that if I get one more she probably will not be able to come over anymore?
If you can afford the added cat, and want one, I wouldn't base your decision on one friend. Now if that friend was a roomate, then yah, you'd definately have to talk about it.... But you could always visit outside in the nice weather, when inside you could open windows and make sure you vacuum before she comes..... if she comes over already, with 3 cats, I doubt a 4th would make a huge difference in her allergy symptoms.

I would love to show you pictures, but I have no idea how to do it. I am also confused on how to get an avatar up?
Avatars come after you've been a member for more than a day, plus they depend on how many posts/length of membership that you've been here.

All info you need about avatars: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92064

Info about posting pics:

Upload them to a photohosting site such as photobucket.com (its free)....then you copy and paste the image code into your thread. Make sure you resize them so they are roughly 500X700 (can be smaller, but not larger). You can resize them with most pic editting programs, or when you upload to photobucket there is an option to resize your pic.

But anyways, that's a little bit about my cats. I have always owned cats and I would never be able to live without them. My favorite breed though would have to be the American Black Short hair.
Nice to meet ya. Hope to see you around the forums.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to our community of caring people who love cats GooseGoose.

Please make yourself at home.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.