Should I be worried?

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have noticed a change in Mr Jinx. His fur has recently started becoming kinda shiny and it feels different than it has before. Is this a problem?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shiny coat is a sign of good health... Have you changed his food for a higher quality food?
If the coat is oily, than it could be due to a transition into a high protein diet...
Nope, if it is shiny, I would be happy about it, and not worried

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Shiny coat is a sign of good health... Have you changed his food for a higher quality food?
If the coat is oily, than it could be due to a transition into a high protein diet...
Nope, if it is shiny, I would be happy about it, and not worried
I did change him to science diet. I suppose that is like going from a steady diet of junk food to eating gourmet food...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO, Science Diet is overpriced junk food... Very bad ingredients... But due to the improvement on the coat, I tend to think it is better than what you were feeding before.
BTW: For the $$$ you are paying for SD, you can get MUCH MUCH better food...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

IMO, Science Diet is overpriced junk food... Very bad ingredients... But due to the improvement on the coat, I tend to think it is better than what you were feeding before.
BTW: For the $$$ you are paying for SD, you can get MUCH MUCH better food...
Currently SD is on sale at a local pet store in my town. And I have noticed a change in his energy level as well. He is more playful now and seem slimmer now( not malnourished), but fit. I was giving him this generic brand called Buttons and Bows.