Latest Project

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So hubby and I wanted a way to display all of the neat wine corks we have collected over the years.

We got a bunch of stainless steel forks at Goodwill and other thrift stores so they were really inexpensive and mostly different designs and such.

I welded them together

Here are a couple shots of the finished product. I wrapped the "stem" in 18ga copper wire with a bunch of blue and green beads in various styles and shades. Then to add the corks, I bent the tines of the forks.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
so that's what it is!

If we had one, we'd fill it pretty quick with all the wine we drink...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

You are just one cool chick, you know?

Do you have your own Etsy page?

Total change of subject but..... Did you ever get your maple nut ice cream??????

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You definitely are!!!

That is a great objet d'art!!

Have you ever considered putting your artistic talent/designs into a store, either online or off? You have a niche there that I think you could capitalize on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you have your own Etsy page?
Thank you, but no, I don't have anything to sell.

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Total change of subject but..... Did you ever get your maple nut ice cream??????
Yes, I actually found a Schwanns truck and bought a box. The driver probably thought I was quite mad for driving up to his truck and asking for maple nut ice cream.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You definitely are!!!

That is a great objet d'art!!

Have you ever considered putting your artistic talent/designs into a store, either online or off? You have a niche there that I think you could capitalize on.
I wish I could, but I don't have a shop of my own in which I could produce stuff to sell. The stuff I make is all one-of-a-kind. I started a thread a long time ago asking if people would be interested in steel memorial markers for their pets, but never got any response. I would love nothing better than to make and sell art, but I don't have any way to do it.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would buy everything I have seen you post. Your work is really really good.
Have you ever checked out the website Etsy, like Carolina suggested?
Etsy.com, where artist sell their work. If you do, let me know, please.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I would buy everything I have seen you post. Your work is really really good.
Have you ever checked out the website Etsy, like Carolina suggested?
Etsy.com, where artist sell their work. If you do, let me know, please.
Thank you.

I have been to Etsy and even purchased several things. It is really a neat website.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That's really interesting.....I like it!

I use my wine corks to make witch bottles for Halloween decorating around the house and in my office.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The funny thing is, of course, that corks are rapidly disappearing.

The cork has long been one big problem in the wine industry. When it works, it works well, but a certain percentage (perhaps as high as 10%) fail to seal properly, allowing the wine inside to spoil. This is the reason the sommelier opens the bottle at the table and allows you to check the cork.

More and more wineries are going over to artificial corks which cost less and have a much lower failure rate.

I suspect many people haven't even noticed it.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and i have noticed the synthetic corks, tetra packed wines, and the screw top bottles. The synthetic corks and screw tops don't seem to affect the quality of the wine. Then again, we don't buy terribly expensive wines (we try to keep it under $10) We haven't tried any tetra packed wines yet.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Hubby and i have noticed the synthetic corks, tetra packed wines, and the screw top bottles. The synthetic corks and screw tops don't seem to affect the quality of the wine. Then again, we don't buy terribly expensive wines (we try to keep it under $10) We haven't tried any tetra packed wines yet.
We were told at a winery we visited a few years ago, that screw tops are actually better for the wine than cork, but the difficulty is getting the consumer past the snob factor. We drink lots of wine, some of it still has real cork, some synthetic, but more and more we're seeing screw tops. And it's not suffering.