Since I work at a movie store I get the new dvds before street date and for free - which means I usually make an effort to watch them though I'm not the biggest movie fan - I prefer to waste my time reading.
Lets sort of go backwards here:Taken
- Saw it in theaters last weekend. Decent movie, but you don't really come to like Neeson's character that much - he's not exactly nice/fair when trying to get his daughter back. I wish they hadn't cut out the more violent scenes - the bad guys deserve what they get.
on dvd:Sex Drive
- Occasionally funny scene, but typical for the type of movie it is.
- Meh. Waiting was funnier, now all of the jokes have been done before and it's just dull.Changeling
- Very good, even DH liked it a lot. Also a very long movies at 2 hours and 22 minutes.Blindness
- Not sure what's going on with this movie, for some reason they had us send all but one copy back to distro. As for my opinion of it, Julianne Moore did a good job but the movie was still a fail for me. What they're trying to get a across in the movie was my main issue with it, the rest was just me being picky about character development and filming itself. Oh and it showing white to show what everyone sees is rather annoying - we get the point, they're blind and only see white, good for them. Skip it, there are better movies out!Religulous
- Very funny. Only rent this one if you like Bill Maher and won't be offended by it. My favorite part was with the Senator from Arkansas.
How to Lose Friends and Alienate People
- Simon Pegg is funny. With anyone else I don't think the movie would have been as funny. I suggest people pick up Run Fat Boy, Run
- Seems to be largely overlooked by renters. This movie is hilarious.Pride and Glory
- Good movie, not one to miss.Lakeview Terrence
- Decent movie. Worth the rental cost, I suppose.My Best Friend's Girl
- Funny, worth renting this one.Righteous Kill
- Could have been better, but it wasn't bad either.Max Payne
- Decent action, I guess. Needed more character development as it was very weak in this area. Probably would have been better if they had followed the game's plot.Mirrors
- Was ok. The ending seemed to much like it was copying Silent Hill's (movie) ending.Pineapple Express
- Funny, typical of what you'd expect from a movie with Seth Rogen in it. Probably more enjoyed by guys or certain age groups.Igor
- Cute animated movie. If you've skipped over this one, pick it up next time.House Bunny
- Cute, funny.
Burn After Reading
- Very funny, not all may get or like the sort of comedy it is.City of Ember
- Good movie for the family. Parents would enjoy this as well.Traitor
- Good but slow, those who have negative views/close minded about all Islamics will not like it.
I also watched The More the Merrier
a couple weeks ago. Cute, funny movie for those who like older movies.
There are lot more, this only covers the past couple of months! I simply can't remember anymore at the moment, but if anyone asks me a question about a movie I should be able to answer or at least I'll try!